Chapter 18

"You'll never know what you have..until you cleaned your room."

And this is true. Mom used to tell me this when I was younger,just so I would feel motivated to clean my room, she would hid 100 php somewhere in my room just so I can clean it and she still does that until today.

I found a 100 php bill in my closet today, I had to fold each and every shirt that has not been folded well to find that 100 php bill.

Isn't it a good feeling? Earning what you have worked for? I though it is, I would rather clean my room and wait til I find that 100 php bill than ask my parents about it.

I sprayed my room with a scented room spray as a final touch.

I heard a tiny noise in the other room, it must be Noy, he must be home, finally after days of disappearing.

I felt the need to take a bath after and so I did.

It was refreshing, it was a worry-free day I had nothing to do, I checked my phone to check the time and saw three messages. I opened them, they were all from Veronica.

Sheez, I totally forgot we have to meet today at the mall. She's been there for about 45 minutes, I should get hurry.

And so I did, was running with my life just so I can get to that mall as fast as possible.

"Almost near,so sorry my phone was in silent." I texted her.

I arrived at the mall, found her near the fountain, she sat there looking all sad,I felt guilty, I should probably buy her something...I thought of Icecream.

She was staring blankly in the floor, I came near her, she stared at me from my feet up to my head and frowned.

"I'm dead." I told myself.

She stood slowly and then she started yelling, she was so mad, people were staring, I couldn't even talk, she was yelling non stop, I couldn't stop her,it's becoming embarassing.

I spilled the Ice cream I'm holding to her mouth. People were shocked. She was shocked, and she did shut up.

I was surprised of what I did, she stole the Ice cream on my hand and threw it on my face.

As crazy as it sounds, we just ended up laughing and so are he people around. She would point my face and laugh.

Who does this kind of stuffs in the mall?It's insane but it felt fun.

"Awww, they are a cute couple." I heard someone said.

We decided to go outside the mall instead because of embarassment, talking about making a scene at the mall.

"That was original,playing with Icecream at the mall." I said to Veronica, we decided to have lunch at a carenderia near the mall instead.

"And you described yourself as a "gentleman" in the survey?Pshh." She said.

There we started a real conversation, for the first time. She would tell me these stuffs about herself, and I would have a funny side comment about it and then she would throw tissue papers at me. 

I easily judged Veronica, easily judged her for a very long time. I judged her as a Too much girl and now I say at this very moment that she is a Too much girl, too much to discover kind of girl and it's a good thing.

I always knew Veronica Gonzales is a talkative person, I was just expecting maybe going out for the first time will be awkward and she might be shy but she's not...my ideal girl is far away from Veronica but knowing her personality makes me adore her. She is vocal with herself, she pointed out hundreds of things about me today, how my hair looks bad,and how she finds me weird and more, it takes alot of time for a person to say offensive things like that to a person she just talked with for the first time. Veronica is really something.

"I like how you wear lesser make up now." I told her.

"I don't wear any,stupid Atienza." she said this without me being offended at all.

She doesn't wear any make up, then I have to say she has a beautiful skin and flawless face, I never really understood why she did that to her face in the first place. Who goes with redlipstick and long earrings during their sophomores anyways?!

"Well it doesn't show,you look like you're wearing a Goblin's mask, Miss Know it all Gonzales." I said, she again threw a tissue on my face.

We only argued the whole day,but it was fun, we didn't notice the time,the carenderia was about to close.

I waited for her to get a cab, when the cab arrived I handed her my hand that says "I had fun,it was knowing you", instead of shaking my hand, she slapped me on the face, it wasn't hard but still it was a slap. I saw the driver shocked of what he saw,she entered the cab fastly and closed the door, I was knocking on the window of the cab giving her signs that she'll be dead on Monday. She was still laughing inside the cab, I laughed too and made a wave, that's the time the cab decided to go.

I went home it's 10:30 pm, Mom and dad were having dinner, I told them I'm full, Noy is not home yet which is normal.

I planked on my bed, I felt really tired, but when I review all the things that happened today, it's just...hilarious.

I didn't realize I fell asleep until I heard my phone ringing.

It was Gaile calling....at 2 am. I wondered why.

"He---llo?" me with the zombie voice.

"Ziee!! Get out of yur house, we're going out." Gaile said.

"Wh-what?" I'm still in a matter of figuring out whether I'm dreaming or not.

"I wanna go picnic." she continued.

"Who goes picnic at 2 am?!Are you high?" That made me really awake, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"C'mmon, hurry up, I'm outside your house.It's pretty cold." 

I stood and went near my window and I can't believe it's not a dream, she's really outside.

There's Gaile outside our house wearing a Hoodie asking me to go picnic with her at 2 am, she raised the basket full of food when she saw me and said, "Hurry up,let's go picnic already."

I don't see any excuses of not  going with her, I went to get two blankets and went outside our house. I have no idea what's gonna happen, when she saw me, she jumped with excitement and said "Yes."

Seeing her excited to be with me for the first time, I couldn't care less of us going on a date evry midnight.