Flashback 1: Campfire Song Song

(It's recommended that you watch the above video before reading this chapter so you know what's going on)

•••

Years ago, a time when our heroes were but teenagers...

Lillie and Hau had dragged a reluctant Gladion on a camping trip.

Three logs were set up in a wide triangle around the campfire, each person with their own log.

Tension had grown over the time they had sat there, due to a silent Gladion and lack of conversation topics.

"How about we sing a song to... lighten the mood?" Lillie suggested timidly.

"That's a great idea!" Said Hau as he pulled out a ukulele and began to strum.

"I call this one, the Campfire Song Song," Hau began.

H- "Let's gather round the campfire, and sing our campfire song. Our c-a-m-p-f-i-r-e-s-o-n-g song. And if you don't think that we can sing it faster, then you're wrong. It'll help if you just sing along..."

L- "Bum bum buuuuuummmm"
*Shakes tambourine in front of Gladion's face*

H- "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G SONG. C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G SONG.
And if you don't think that we can sing it faster then you're wrong. But it'll help if you just sing anooolg."

H- "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G SONG. Lillie!"

L- "erm- SONG! C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E--"

H- "Gladion!"

G- "........." *glares*

H- "Good!"

H-"It'll heeelllp, it'll HEEEEELP, IF YOU JUST SING ALOOOOOOOONG!"