Chapter 18: Luna

Luna's POV:

It's been two years since my dear brother ran away. I knew he loved me, and would do anything to protect me. So I waited for him. For a whole year, until I gave up.

I had waited on the porch every day waiting excitedly for his return, to wrap him in a big hug and apologize for making him so mad. But he never came. Not once. I haven't heard from him since that night.

And I know it's been hard on mom and dad. There son running away. I know that daddy ran away, but his mother was crazy. I've talked to her about it, and she admits she pushed him past the limit.

But mom and dad are the best parents ever. They never fight, and are always as caring about us as they can be. It's our fault Eclipse ran away. Aries and Virgo and me together. We were just teasing him, and he could get so bossy. We never thought he would run away.

But one day I did hear them talking. I had been walking to their room to ask for a glass of water, but I heard voices that sounded concerned.

"But what if he doesn't come back?!?" A shaky male voice demanded. I had guessed that was daddy.

"I don't know, but we can't just give up. He's our son." This was clearly mom's voice.

"But what if-" his voice cracked. "What if it was my fault..."

"You know it's not your fault. The other three kids had frustrated him. You did what you could." I heard a sniff. Was daddy crying? Why? After that, I ran back to my room.

Now Eclipse may be gone, and Aries and Virgo may have left on their Pokémon journey leaving me as the last one, but it's my turn to get a Pokémon! I'm 11 now, so I can get my very own Alolan starter from the kahuna!

"Mom! Dad! It's time! Wake up!!!" I'm jumping on their bed to wake them up. Mom's mom might not have been there for her choosing, but I want mom to be there!

"What time is it, Luna?" Mom asks tiredly.

"Time for me to pick my starter, duh!" Her eyes light up immediately, all traces of sleep gone.

"That's right! Let's go! This is the most important day of your life so far!" She's out of bed and dressed in seconds, before dad can even get out of bed.

"Sorry, Gladion, you're going to have to hurry if you want to see this!" She says to him. He glares and sits up. How did these two opposites fall in love?

We leave the room, and about five minutes later, (too long if you ask me) daddy comes out of the room, dressed in his normal hoodie. Seriously, he wears that thing every day.

He takes in a deep breath with his eyes closed, then opens them dramatically.

"Let's go." He says. We all three bolt from the house, on our way to Iki town.

The town comes into sight and everyone's waiting. There are auntie Lillie and uncle Hau, with their twins cousins Dusk and Dawn. Also there is uncle Sun and aunt Star, with cousin Solara.

But aunt Star fascinates me. She said she used to be a member of an organization called Team Skull, but they were disbanded many years ago, and she has since turned her life around. Well I guess that being sister in law of the champion is better that what she had!

There are also other friends of mom, and they all look ready. Today, me, Solara, and Dusk are getting our starter Pokémon. When we get up to the stage area, uncle Hau is waiting.

"Kahuna Hau! Nice to see you," I say to him.

"Hey, squirt! Ready for your first Pokémon?" He asks.

"You bet we are!" We all three say at the same time. He brings out the starters for us to chose from. I chose Popplio, Dusk choses Rowlet, and Solara takes Litten. Once we have them, we are ready to head out on our journey.

Mom walks up to me, looking nervous. She bends down to be eye level with me, and hold a pokeball.

"Luna, I want you to know something. While you are out on your journey, I want you to be careful. There is a new team out there that is dangerous. I don't know who they are or what they want, but I want you to stay safe. So please, I want you to take Yuki with you. Do not use her for your trials, because she is at such a high level. Only use her in emergencies. She will protect you. Got it?" I try to take in what she just said.

"Sure, I'll take her with me. Do you know the name of this group?" I ask her. She hands me the pokeball and smiles.

"I only know hat they go by team CA for short, though I don't know what that means," she says. I nod and hug her, then say goodbye to her and dad. I'm off to my trials. It will be strange for me to challenge my mother for the title, but I'm determined. And I'm sure that she can defend her title without Yuki. She has other powerful Pokémon.

_______

??? POV:

"So, Luna has gone and gotten a Pokémon, huh? About time. Bring her to me."

"Yes sir!"

"That bug can't get in my way. I will remove her from my path, but she will remain here with me. There's no way she can stop me now..."