Chapter 11: Nightmares

Moon's POV:

It's been about a month since Absol died. I've been almost fine, I'm handling it pretty well.

I'm asleep. I see a calming ocean. Then I see Gladion. We're standing on a beach, the soft sand between my toes.

He walks up to me with his best smile, he leans in as if to kiss me... but instead he shoves me hard to the ground, his smile gone replaced with a cold glare.

The waves turn rough instead of calm, slapping seawater into my face. Gladion starts kicking me in the side, and I'm paralyzed, I can't move. While he's kicking me he is yelling very hurtful things at me.

But then he's gone. I'm laying on a blue floor instead of the beach. I stand up to see Absol in front of me finishing black hole Eclipse, to have it destroyed by Lucario.

"Absol... Move! Don't let him land the attack!" But it's too late. Before I can blink, Absol is dead in my arms. I see Jace's blood red eyes mocking me.

Then I'm in front of the battle tree, in flames. But these flames are fierce. Instead of Lucario saving people, he's trapping them in and creating new flames. Through a window, I see all my friends. Gagging on smoke, trapped inside.

I try to help them, but Red holds me back, with a firm grip on my wrists. He says nothing, but glares into my eyes.

He let's go and I fall backwards, into water. I'm at the docks. My swim to the dock takes an eternity, my limbs feel like I have no control. When I climb up, I see Jace.

"Your pain will be over soon." He says. What does that mean?

He climbs onto the boat, and it sails away, but is soon capsized by a wave.

________

I wake up crying. Why did I dream all that? I don't understand... I check the time on my phone. 3:24. No one gets up for several hours, so I'm by myself.

"Your pain will be over soon." What does that mean? The part at the beach was probably from our fight way back. The day before Lillie came back.

I sit up in my bed, I'm not going back to sleep for a while. I pull my knees up to my chest and rest my chin on them and cry. I miss Absol so much...

________

Gladion's POV:

Ever since that day one month ago, Moon's been... okay. She's not great, but she's not a complete wreck. I can't imagine one of my Pokémon dying.

But I've been there for her, and I don't think that she'd be doing as good if she didn't have help from me and all of her friends.

The intercom interrupts my thoughts.

"Mr. Gladion, you have a call," Wicke says over it. "From Moon again."

"Send it over," I say. She transfers the call to my phone.

Ever since Lusamine got back from Kanto, she has slowly resumed her role as president. But none of her acts go unchecked by me. That was our agreement. She gets her job back, I'm in control. She doesn't make a move without my say so.

I pick up the phone.

"Moon?"

"Gladion! I... I..." she's crying.