Chapter 12: A Blessing In Disguise

Jk it's only a year after Jace left Alola. But anyway......

Gladion's POV:

I'm training my Pokémon on Ula'ula island with Moon. It's been pretty peaceful, lately. Moon has long since evolved Yuki into Gardevoir, who is training to mega evolve. Moon still has trouble, though. Mega evolving Yuki reminds her of Absol.

A dark shadow crosses over the ground in front of me, causing Moon and I to stop what we were doing and look up at the sky.

Up in the sky are blimps with the letter R on be side. A whole fleet of them.

"What's going on?" Moon asks.

"I have no idea..." I say.

The flying ship-things seem to be everywhere in Alola, and spreading out. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Moon... I think we should go..." I say without taking my eyes off the sky. We return our Pokemon to their pokeballs and run off to find out what's going on. We run to the police station where we find an officer outside, looking paranoid.

"Excuse me, sir, but could you tell us what those things are about?" Moon asks him while pointing upward.

"Those are team rocket blimps, and they have Alola surrounded. It appears That they are planning an invasion. We have all of or units trying to fix it as we speak, but I fear this may be beyond our control." The officer says.

"Did you forget who you're talking to? Its not like I could do anything about it, no wonder they haven't called me yet. Its not like I'm the champion of Alola or anything... I can't think of a single way I could possibly help." Moon says sarcastically. She sure does love her title...I guess it comes with bragging rights.

A look of panic floods over the officer.

"Oh! I didn't realize... I'm sorry... I-If you could help that would be wonderful! Really! We would be very grateful if you helped us save Alola," He stutters. I roll my eyes.

Something smacks my head. Looking up, I see that a rope had been let down from one of the blimps. In fact, ropes were being let down from all of them, several ropes from each.

A person appears from the one above my head, and slides down, almost landing on me. Other people started coming down on all of the ropes.

"Watch it!" I yell at the person, who has a mostly black outfit on, aside from a big red R on the front, and short brown hair that hung just above her shoulders.

"You watch it!" she snaps. "I was warned I'd encounter annoying children, sorry I have to do this." she pulls out a pokeball, tossing it into the air revealing a Vileplume.

without missing a beat, Moon instantly throws one as well, letting out Incineroar, her strongest Pokemon. I also send out Silvally.

Before we could attack, nets shoot out of nowhere over our Pokémon.

"Silvally!" I yell, worry evident in my voice.

Moon gasps as she tries to free her fire cat. Before she can move toward it, however, someone dressed similarly to the girl that came down grabs her from behind, pinning her arms.

"Let go of her!" I yell as I lunge toward the grunt, only to be stopped by a grunt of my own.

"Get off me!" I struggle to free myself, but seeing that I'm tough to hold, the first grunt helps pin me.

"Vileplume, use spore on these poor kids." The grunt that had come first says.

Moon and I tried our best not to inhale the spore, but soon drifted out of consciousness.