Chapter 8: Absol

Absol's POV:

I remember when Moon first caught me. It seems like forever ago, but I'm glad she did. All the way back on Ula'Ula island, near Tapu Village.

~~Back flash brought to you by:

folks who just don't get fandoms

folks who just don't get fandoms.~~

I was laying in a patch of soft grass, fairly hidden from onlookers. I noticed the sound of a girl with a sweet voice calling her Pokémon. Intrigued, I rolled over to see who it was.

It was a girl I had never seen before, and I know everyone. Of course, they don't know me, but I watch people from a distance and learn their names. I know everyone on Ula'Ula Island.

She was sitting near by, playing with her Pokémon. I notice how she cared so much for them. Each of them in a different way, according to how they bonded with her.

At this moment I realize, I want that. I want to be loved the way her Pokémon were loved, how she had a deep connection with each of them.

I must have wandered into sight, because a team skull grunt came up from behind me and tried to put me in a cage. I let out a howl of panic, alerting the girl who immediately went from playing to a serious battle stance.

The way she could switch moods at will like that without warning surprised me, making me admire her more.

"What do you think you're doing?!?" The girl called to the grunt who was taking me.

"What do you mean? Finders keepers! This one' mine!" The grunt yells. I'm still struggling to get free, but to no avail.

"Why don't you battle it and catch it like you're supposed to? Then it would respect you and obey your commands in battle. Maybe that's why I beat you so easily, because this is how you treat the Pokémon you catch! In fact, I won't let you get away with it! You will be releasing that Absol, now."

"No way! I do what I want, and I don't take orders from punks like you!" He spits the words bitterly.

"Than you leave me no choice..." I hear her mumble, barely audible, a smirk on her face.

"Incineroar! By my side!" She calls, and a large cat-like Pokémon with a flaming belt runs up and stands beside her, leaving the other Pokémon that were playing.

"Incineroar, use Darkest Lariet!" And the two battle for about a full minute, considering my attacker's weak Pokémon.

When the girl defeats my captor's Zubat, he says, "Fine! Take it! I didn't need it anyway!" Rather angrily.

The grunt opens my cage to let me go, and I fling myself toward the girl, away from the grunt. The grunt leaves, and I am left with the girl.

I rub against her knee, purring as a thank you.