26. annyeong

Cherry blossoms are seen everywhere I look. It's just really a beautiful sight.

I sit by a bench at school. Lunch time, again. I sigh, looking everywhere.

"Mina-yah." Yoonjae sits down the bench beside me.

"Oh, annyeong." I smile.

He pulls a hand out of his pocket and puts down two banana yoghurt drinks. My eyes twinkle in delight.

I reach for one when his hand stops me. "Why?"

"These are both mine." He says.

I take my arm back to my side and scowl at him. "You're really daebak, Song Yoonjae."

"I was just kidding." He laughs. "Here." He hands one bottle and a straw for me to drink on.

The smile from before returns to my face. "Thank you."

I poke my straw in and drink it like usual.

"Yoonjae-ah." I say quietly and seriously all of a sudden.

"Why?" He turns to focus on me.

"I..." I swallow a lump in my throat. "I'm leaving for a while."

He chokes on his yoghurt. "What?"

"I'm sorry for telling you only now. There's just really​ a lot of things going on lately." I look down on my finished banana drink.

"What is it? You can tell me everything." He puts his drink down too.

"Jinyoung and I, we went through a lot back then." I barely whisper.

He listens to me telling him the rest of the story, with an expression I couldn't quite make out.

"and here I am, err, I mean, here we are now." I finally end.

"You didn't do anything wrong." He says.

That's when they start falling, my tears. I quickly use the back of my palms to wipe my cheeks.

"I ran away, Yoonjae-ah." My voice breaks. "I was only thinking about myself."

He puts on a stern look, holds my shoulders gently, which makes me look at him.

"So, you're going to run away again?" He asks.

"It's the only thing I could do."

More tears flowed from my eyes, and with that, Yoonjae pulls me into a tight hug.

"Think about it more carefully, yeah?" His voice becoming sadder.

I just simply nod my head, but I know it doesn't assure him enough.

--

Song Yoonjae's POV

I enter the classroom, and everyone is in their own worlds as always.

But I feel some kind of emptiness, and I know her leave causes it.

I sigh and walk over to my seat, and slumped there. I look over at her chair in front of mine.

There's still a tiny bit of hope left in me that she'll walk through that door, sit in this chair, and say, "Hey, new student. You're creeping me out." With a scowl on her face.

Who would have thought, that a bubbly girl like her is hiding such severe pain in her heart? I know I didn't, most people didn't too.

Shortly, the bell rings and as if on cue, our homeroom teacher arrives as always, but he holds a piece of paper with him along with the textbook he's using.

He looks around the room, his eyes darting to Mina's empty chair in front of me, and smiles weakly. He probably knows about it then.

"Okay," He starts off. "Lee Mina, took a leave from school."

Gasps out of surprise escape the class's lips.

Our homeroom teacher clears his throat. "Seems like she didn't told you guys her reasons too. Let alone, that she'll be leaving."

Everyone stays quiet.

"Regardless, let's just go back to focusing on our studies, alright? I'm sure Mina misses you guys too."

--

"Mina isn't answering my texts or calls." Jackson says.

"Me too." Bambam follows.

"Where could she have gone?" Yugyeom sighs.

Bambam said that I should hang out with them from now on, since all of us are really close to Lee Mina.

Us, eight are sitting cross legged on the back of the classroom in a circle.

Anyway, I see the worried look on everyone's eyes and faces, but Jinyoung's is different.

He's giving me a weird stare from across everyone.

--

I was just about to board the bus from the nearest bus stop in school, when someone grabs the collar of my polo uniform.

"Where is Lee Mina?!" Jinyoung tries to drag and pin me to the wall, but ends up pushing me down to the bus stop's waiting bench instead. It's a really good thing no one's here at the moment.

I stand up to face him, and look him in the eyes.

"You," I point my index finger at his chest.

"should know why you don't deserve the answer to that yourself, Park Jinyoung." I say sternly.

^^^^^^