12. Sudden

"Mom?" I say as I pick up the call.

"Honey, I can't go home right now." She says.

"Why?" I ask.

I wait for a few seconds before she finally answers my question.

"Something came up and.. It's uhh an emergency." She stutters.

"How long are you staying there?" I keep asking.

I heard muffled voices.

"I'm not sure, honey. Soon." She answers.

"Okay. Bye." I ended the call feeling frustrated. She didn't tell me a reason. What should I do? She already left. There's no stopping her. I sigh.

--

Another practice day. Sometimes, it's kinda tiring to use your whole body, and a little, I'm starting to miss classes. What? Oh my god, this is so unlike me.

The thought of Mom not at home yesterday is bugging me right now. I can't focus on my work. It's driving me crazy.

I sat on the stage, reading song lyrics and memorizing them. It feels so hot right now. I don't know why. So, I grab a piece of cardboard nearby and start fanning myself, while still going through the lyrics, of course.

I felt someone's presence behind me but I don't glance to see who it is. I continue reading and fanning myself.

The person behind starts combing my hair. It made jolt in surprise.

"Don't move. I'm trying to tie your hair." I felt relieved to hear that its only Jinyoung.

"What?" I ask, putting down the lyric papers.

"Just don't move. I'm concentrating here." He says.

I still continue to move even though he said not to. I glance at every direction to tease him.

"You're so stubborn." I hear him say and sigh afterwards.

I chuckle a little and finally stop.

I should be mad at him, right? But I'm not anymore. He does these little things that take my anger away bit by bit. That's what he does to me.

I just can't help but wonder, why is he doing these things? Why all of a sudden? It can't be just because of the basketball that hit me, right?

"Earth to Mina!" Jinyoung's shout snaps me out of my reverie. I have a feeling that he called my name a few times already. Oops.

"I'm sorry. What is it?" I ask.

"I was asking if you have a hair tie." He says. He already gathered all my hair up. He just needs to tie it.

"Oh. Here." I say, handing him my black hair tie from my wrist.

He takes it and finished to tie my hair. I thanked him because that reduced the heat I feel.

"You look pretty with you hair tied." He mutters

I look to face him behind me, feeling heat rising to my cheeks. "What?"

"It's nothing." He says.

"Tell me." I say.

"I said," He starts and I listen. "You're blushing." and then he starts laughing.

I was supposed to feel embarrassed but this guy made me want to punch him.

He stopped laughing to say something. "You should've seen your face! It was priceless!" He teases.

I really want to kick him right now. How dare he make fun of me?

I knock him down.

He was surprised and that stopped his laughing. I pushed him off the stage and he fell down.

The stage wasn't that high for him to have a serious injury of something. I mean like, its only on my chest level and I'm not even that tall!

He got up from the floor, he's not on stage now, and pretended to look upset. He stood in front of me while I sat at the end of the stage.

I stick my tongue out at him and laugh. "You should've seen your face! It was priceless!" I tease, copying him.

He continues to look really upset with me, while I'm laughing at him.

"Hey, Don't copy me!" He says, with the same expression on his face, now, hands are on his hips.

An announcement on speaker by the class president stops my laughing and made us listen.

"Everyone can take lunch now. Please be back on time for practice." I hear Yoomi, our president, through the speaker.

I looked down at my feet to see if they could come down so I don't have to take the stairs at the other side of the stage. But I think I can't. it's still a little bit high up.

I was about to stand up to take the stairs, but I felt strong hands on my hips and carried me off the stage.

"Hey! Why did you do that?" I ask him.

He just gave me a smile, shrugged both of his shoulders, and grabbed my arm to catch up with the others.

"Was I heavy?" I ask, feeling embarrassed.

"Nope." He simply replied, popping the 'p'.

"Really? Tell me honestly." This time, I stopped him from walking and made him face me.

"Honestly," I raise my eyebrows, waiting for his answer. "You really weren't." He says and continued walking to the canteen.

"Jinyoung-ah." I muttered, but still loud enough for him to hear.

"Hmm?" He asked, looking at me.

"I need to pass by my locker first. You go on ahead." I said and waved goodbye to him, not letting him say a response.

I ran to my locker as fast as I could. Do you wanna know why? Well, I kinda forgot my wallet. Hehehe

I quickly dialled the number combination on the lock and swung my locker open. A sticky note was inside.

Meet me at the parking lot later after school. Don't bring anyone with you. If you won't come, you're dead. - Jiwon

I wonder what she wants. I wasn't bothering her lately. I am debating with myself whether I'll go or not

Should I go?

Should I not?

Ugh.

I just shook the thoughts, grabbed my wallet and closed my locker shut.