24. it gets more confusing

Lee Mina's POV

"What was that song?" He asks. I give him a terrified look.

"It's-s Tori Kelly's s-song." I stutter in between my words, looking down.

"You know that's not what I meant." He says, his gaze still fixed and not changing. Of course I know exactly what he means.

He leans his face even more, hands still on my shoulder frames.

"Let me go." I say, it wasn't supposed to sound that calm but I'm finally looking into his eyes. They're flaring as usual. So beautiful, just like how beautiful they were when I first caught a glimpse of them. I swallow back a sob.

"Why should I?" He looks at me that makes me nothing but scared.

"It hurts, Jinyoung-ah."

I notice his eyes soften a bit, his expression too. He slowly takes his hands of my shoulders. His hands even tremble a little.  "I... I'm sorry."

As soon as his hands fell to his sides, and I was no longer in captive, I dashed out of there.

I run outside, (an: running for Lee Mina is extremely bad, so I'll stop here kekeke) I even run past school premises. It's the very first time I ditch school. I'm a really great student, but maybe not today.

I know it was about that song. I remember the day he thought my singing was Jiwon's vividly. He has the right to be angry, he really does. He thought wrong because no one told him, because I didn't tell him. I feel so awful.

I shake my thoughts away, and try to focus on where I currently am. I'm at the playground. Great, I thought, shoving my problems right to my face. But I'm slightly relieved that I know where I am. I tend to get lost easily, as you may notice.

I sit by a bench, still in my dress from the performance earlier, i even wear the same heels too. I look like I've escaped from a party that is of my own, and a few people are starting to stare. Oh well.

I sigh. Why does he care anyway? It's not like it's any of his business. He was the one who got it wrong, not me. So it's his fault, not mine. He agreed to Jiwon's request just because we fought. It's his loss, then again, not mine.

"That jerk!" I shout.

I feel someone stumble behind me. A loud thud was heard as well. I quickly turn my head to see Song Yoonjae on the floor.

"You scared me." He says, standing up, and dusting his pants after.

I stay silent as he goes closer to sit by the bench beside me. Wait? Did he ditch school too? How did he find me? Many questions are rambling in my head. I must look so lost right now.

"I saw you ran out." He says again. "I just followed to check if you're okay. You're obviously not." He chuckles as he hangs his head low comfortably and a sad smile spreads across his face.

I stay silent again. I don't even know what to say. I'm being my usual boring self around other people again.

"Are you not curious?" He suddenly says. I turn my face to him in confusion. He stares far in front.

I wait for him to say further but he doesn't, so I ask, "About what?" My voice breaking a little in the beginning for having to stay silent for quite a while.

"That night I found you." He barely whispers. I almost ask him to repeat what he just said.

I feel the air slightly thicken as the conversation is about to go deeper.

"Well, it was a bit surprising, I just thought that you wouldn't want to talk about it since the topic never comes up till now, but let's hear it anyway." I reply, raising my voice a little higher this time to make it seem I'm not in a glum mood.

"Actually, it was because of Jinyoung." He barely whispers again.

My eyebrows furrow, now I'm even more confused.

I expect more words to follow after that but he just suddenly gets up from his seat and offers a hand to me. I look at him for a good five seconds. I take his hand and pull myself up.

I stumble a little.

We start to walk. He keeps a safe distance again.

Suddenly, he takes my hand and drags me back to the bench. He sits me there and he kneels down in front of me. "What are you doing?"

He takes my heels off of my feet and places them beside him. Then, he takes of his white sneakers and puts them on my feet.

He stands up again, offers his hand, I take it again, and pull myself up.

I wriggle my toes inside his shoes. They're a few sizes too big, but i definitely think it's better than those heels I wore when I got here.

I mumble a "Thank you." Loud enough for him to hear. He just smiles at me as he takes my heels and holds them by his right hand as he walks ahead barefoot. His black socks being his only shield from the freezing ground.

I'm betting that the fest isn't over yet. The sun is still shining bright.

--

We enter school grounds and walk to the auditorium. 20 meters ahead, I see the boys pacing around and fidgeting with their phones. Worried expressions plastered on their faces.

Even the one and only jerk Jinyoung is there, pacing with them. He's even the first to notice us arriving. "Lee Mina!" He shouts as he runs to us, the others follow.

When he sees my unreadable face, he stays quiet immediately and tries hard not to show he's relieved. I know him too well.

I was bombarded with questions but I answered nothing. I just gave them a smile to show that I'm completely fine.

Bambam nudges Yoonjae "Ayyy man, you saved her again." He just smiles awkwardly.

Jinyoung looks down as soon as the words escaped bambam's mouth. The curiosity strikes me again. What happened that night?

Yoonjae turns to me. "Mina, stay here. I'll come back in a bit. Don't leave." He pats my back as he sprints through the auditorium doors.

"Mina and Yoonjae sitting in a tree," Then again, the almighty sunshine Choi Youngjae starts it.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G" the other five follow in unison. I just each spank them in the head.

A while later, Yoonjae returns with both our bags slung into his shoulders. He hands me mine. "Anyway, I'll take Lee Mina home for now."

"Mina, are you sick?" Jaebum asks in concern. I just bite my lip.

Yoonjae takes my hand and stsrts to drag me away, but another hand grabs my hand he's holding onto. Jinyoung.

"No, I'll take her home instead." Jinyoung sighs. "I have things to tell her."

Yoonjae must've noticed the uncomfortable look I have in my face as I look at the two of them on my opposite sides. Both have my wrist in their hands.

"Dude, I think she's been through enough today." He slighlty smirks. "Don't you think?"

Jinyoung gazes at me. Again, his expression softens a bit and he removes his hand back to his sides then places both his hands to his pockets.

Yoonjae lets go of my wrist too and leads the way out.

What's with the two of them?

^^^^^^^