7. Angelic

Jinyoung's POV:

"A childhood friend, that's my first crush." Mina said.

I was so curious of who it was. What would've Mina acted when they were together back then? Would she feel giddy? Nervous? Happy?

"A childhood friend? Really? What's his name?" I couldn't help but wonder.

When she heard my question, she looked... surprised

"Uhhh. I uhm.. Forgot his name. I was still young back then so yeah." I knew that she was lying because of her stutters but I just nodded.

After playing, we decided to go home. It was also getting too late but Cream wouldn't let me go.

"Cream-ah, we need to go." Mina tried to get her dog off me but he just wouldn't.

"Oh. Nevermind, Mina. I'll go with you guys home." I volunteered.

"Really? You would? Bring the guys with you." We looked at the bench where the other six were, laughing.

"Sure thing. Wait here and I'll tell them."

I went back to where the were.

"Guys, shall we take Mina home?" I suggested. First, they looked at each other. Then, Jackson whispered something in Mark's ear.

"Ah. Jinyoung-ah, you go ahead and take her home. We have.. uhm.. things to do." Jackson said.

"And were late for our part-time jobs. You go on ahead." -Mark

"Oh and hyung, have fun." Yugyeom winked. This guy, really.

"Okay then. I'll be back soon, alright?" I told them and I turned to Mina after they all nodded. What's with these guys? *le sigh

We all head to our separate paths. Mina gave me Cream's leash.

"So, is your house far from here?" I asked, starting a conversation.

"Nope. Not at all. Its actually that house over there." She pointed at the house at the end of the street. Wow. Its pretty close.

"It looks nice and cozy. Its also a bit big." I said, admiring the house's features.

"Nah. Its nothing. You wanna come inside?" She offered.

"I'm okay, Mina. I have to join the others in their part-time jobs." I said. "Here's his leash." I handed her Cream's leash.

"Well, okay. Keep safe." She got her keys out of her pocket.

"I'll get goi-" a car pulled in the front of her house, behind us and a middle aged woman, about mid 40's got out.

"Oh. Mom, you're here." Mina went to the lady and kissed her cheek.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Park Jinyoung." I introduced myself.

Her mom paused for a moment before shaking my hand. "Hi, Jinyoung. Nice to meet you."

"It was nice meeting you. I'll get going now. Bye, Mina." I bowed down to her mom then started walking.

Mina's POV:

"We need to talk, honey." Mom said as soon as we got inside the house.

"Okay." Was all I could say then we sat at the couch together.

"He looked like Jinyoungie, your childhood buddy. Perhaps--" I knew she was gonna say this.

"Yes, mom. Its him." I said.

She looked shocked. "Does he remember you?" She tried to stay calm.

"No, he doesn't but mom, I don't want him remembering. I'm scared of what his reaction might be. I don't want to destroy the friendship that we built now. All my life, I never talk to him in school. I talk to everyone but him because only even seeing his face gives me pain, mom. I think its better that he won't know." I said, my eyes getting moist.