21. New

Time passed by quickly until everyone had to leave. It was Sunday and we had school the next day.

"Thank you guys for being here." I smiled as I lean to the door frame. They were all in the front yard, not too far away from me and ready to say their goodbyes.

"We had fun too. Glad you're well now, Mina." Jackson says in a happy tone.

"And the food tastes amazing." Bambam comments.

"So make sure to come back so I can make you some." Mom suddenly appears beside me.

"We will. Thank you, Mrs. Lee." Jaebum speaks.

"Okay. Go home safe. Mina, escort them to the bus stop." Mom commands and I nod my head.

I got my phone and keys before heading out to join them.

My eyes made contact with Jinyoung's as I reached the door, and we both quickly look away awkwardly. I haven't spoke a single word to him since last night and intentionally avoided him.

They're laughing when I came up to them, and I catch their attention by joining, and I lead them to the nearest bus stop, the one I take when I didn't feel like walking (sometimes running) to school.

On the way, Yugyeom was beside me. He made a conversation.

"Are you okay? You don't look like you are. Did something happen?" A worried expression is visibly read on his face.

I give him a quick glance and returned my eyes so the red brick sidewalk we were walking on before answering back.

"Nothing. I'm just really tired." And with that last statement, a long yawn escaped my mouth.

For a minute there, I actually thanked myself that I yawned. It was enough evidence to show that I really am tired. There's no way I would tell him about that rooftop kiss last nigh-- oh god it's coming back. Am I-?

"You're suddenly blushing now. For absolutely no reason." He pointed out.

"It's just really hot and-."

"Ya, Lee Mina. It's the middle of winter, and it's even snowing here right now. Are you nuts?"

"I meant it so freezing cold! I might get sick again, but I won't let that happen hehe." I chuckle in embarrassment. What am I even thinking? I must have gone completely insane.

In a short while, we finally reached the bus stop, and just in time, a bus was there so we exchanged goodbyes. The goodbye with Jinyoung was quick and super awkward, but he smiled at me as if nothing happened. Then I began my walk home.

--

"Listen up, everyone!" The teacher slams his (very thick) algebra textbook in the teacher's table to get out attention. Everyone sat properly and I gently closed the book I was reading.

"We have a new student." With that statement itself, all the boys cheered in excitement.

"Shut up, it's a he." The teacher snaps at them. The boys immediately went quiet in disappointment. "Please come in and introduce yourself." The teacher calls.

We all turn our heads to the door as a tall, and muscular figure walks in.

Everyone's mouths hang wide open, especially the girls. I find myself staring as well. Of course I still keep my usual poker face, with a hint of a smile. I'm not the crazy-about-cute-guys kind of girl. I keep my cool.

"Hi, my name is Song Yoonjae. Nice to meet you." He says in a shy tone.

His voice is even more attractive. So deep and manly. But, being my usual self, I don't react.

Everyone claps as he finished introducing himself. He looks at the homeroom teacher for instructions of what to do next.

"You sit over there." The teacher points to the empty chair at my back. He immediately goes there and sits down.

"So that's just about it. I'll leave the rest for self study since exams start after the fest at Friday." The teacher smiles and picks up his textbook from the table and rushes out.

I get my notebook out of my bag and try to highlight my notes. I only feel productive at school, never at home.

I feel someone stare at me from my right. "Hey, new student. You're creeping me out." I mutter in a low voice, my eyes not leaving my study notes.

From my peripheral vision, I see him squirm in embarrassment. "Uhh, don't you recognize me?" He asks in an awkward voice.

With that, my eyes dart to him. I study his face in confusion.

I ran as fast as I could. Past the stores, the market and a few houses. I'm almost there. Just a few more.

I past a block and there, I tripped onto a wire and fell.

"Hey, I'm sor-" before he could finish, I spoke up.

"No, it's okay. I gotta go. Bye." I got up and sprinted as fast as my feet could.

My eyes slowly widen in shock and realization. My brain is buffering right now.

"Soooo?" He smiles wide and laughs.

I lower my head in embarrassment. Oh god.

I curse quietly and he laughs even louder. I raise my head up in anger this time. I scowl at him and punch his arm.

"Hahah- oww. What the?" He stops laughing.

"Jerk." I mutter under my breath and go back to highlighting my notes.

"Hey, Mina-ssi." He calls. I ignore him.

"Mina, ya." How does he even know my name. Still, I choose to ignore him.

"Lee Mina-"

"WHAT?!" I shout in frustration. He expresses a horrified face. I suddenly feel a bit guilty.

"Your shoelaces are untied." He points out.

"Oh." I became stunned even to move. He gets down on his knees and ties the shoelaces of my black converse sneakers.

*Ringgg*

That bell was for lunch. He left my seat and went outside. I don't even know where he's going, nor if he knows the whole campus already. I shrug the thought off my head and fixed my stuff to prepare.

"Sooo, new student huh?" I feel someone nudge my left arm. I glance to see it was Jackson. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Lee Mina, and new student sitting on a tree," Youngjae starts.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Bambam and Mark follow.

"Shut up." I say.

"You guys looked cute. Jinyoung had been looking at you guys the whole time. Right, hyung?" Yugyeom asks.

I look at Jinyoung, who seems to be dazed and stunned to be paying attention. Jaebum snaps his fingers just in front of his nose to wake him.

"Uhh, uhm, yeah. Whatever that was." Jinyoung shook his head and walked out of the room, leaving us.

^^^^^^^
So, I'm writing this in the middle of the night. I have school tomorrow, and I've only finished half my homework...oh well. (guys, don't be like me okay, dats bad. XD)

What do you think? I added a new character, and he can look just about anyone you want to imagine. It's all up to you :) send feedback and don't be afraid to message me your suggestions mwa!

Much love,
Ana