Chapter-1

So this is the first chapter of my story. Hope you like it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, Seb!" I cheered, my voice loud enough to echo in the decent size gymnasium.

Sebastian looked up, his face instantly lighting up with a smile. Shaking his head at me, he directed his attention to the game again.

"It's just practice, Norah." Shay tugged at my sleeve, urging me to sit down back on the bleachers. Clearly she was embarrassed about the people looking in our direction.  

"What? I just want him to know that I support him, real match or not." I shrugged my shoulders lightly at my friend.

"Oh, I think he knows it already that he owns his personal cheerleader." Shay smiled at me, pulling her hair up in a ponytail with a hair tie.

"Alright, that gave me like pretty kinky mental images."

Shay's eyes crinkled a bit as she pretended to smile but failed. She definitely had something going up in her mind and I was confident that I knew what it was about, or rather whom.

"So how are things between you and Liam?" I leaned forward placing my elbows on my knees. I turned my head to face Shay. Whatever little trace of a smile that was present earlier on her face was now gone.

I was right then. It was Liam she was worrying about.

"Fighting as usual." Her eyes drifted to the basketball court to find Liam. “I swear sometimes it feels like that it is the only thing we do. Always fighting. Why can't we be more like you and Seb?"

If she only knew.

"It will be fine, Shay. You guys always find a way." I put my arm around her shoulder to soothe her. She nodded and looked down at the ground.

A loud whistle caught everyone's attention and the voice of the basketball coach soon declared that the practice was over.

"I am going with Seb. Do you want a ride?" I asked getting up and patting the back of my dress to get rid of any dust that might have been on it.

"No, I brought my car today and I need to talk to Liam anyway," Shay answered while looking for something in her bag.

"Okay, then I guess I'll see you at the party tonight then. You are coming, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be there," Shay replied.

My eyes went up to the court to see if Sebastian was ready to go but after not finding him there I decided to wait for him at the parking lot.

A dry breeze blew across the parking lot. The sun was still up in the horizon giving a orange glow to the sky. It was the initial week of September so we still had time before the snow and clouds took over the weather.

I walked towards Sebastian's car, my four inch heels making a sound against the ground, disrupting the silence of the almost empty area.

I dug into my bag until I felt the cool surface of my phone and pulled it out of all the mess that I kept inside.

The screen lit up as I unlocked the phone showing that I had a few a Facebook notifications and a new text message. Ignoring the notifications, I opened the message to find it being a reminder of the party that I had asked Shay about. The party promised to be the 'biggest bash of the year'. Not my words, I am just telling you what was in the text.

I guess an American high-school life isn't complete without a long lineup of parties. They are like a rite of passage that you have to go through before you graduate high school. But no matter what they promise to be, ultimately almost every single one of them turns out to be just a big blur at the end. It’s the same routine over and over again. Get drunk, make stupid decisions and do things that you would clearly regret while puking your guts out in the morning. However, my time at these parties consisted of roaming around aimlessly and trying to find a clean spot to sit which may not seem like a difficult task but trust my word on this, it really was.