Jealous!Rick X Reader

(SFW)
By: Unknown

•—•—•—•—•—•—•

Jealousy, an emotion you felt on more than one occasion. You hated feeling that way and you knew it was stupid. More times than not you've felt jealousy flow through your body when it came to Rick going out on his adventures with Morty.

You knew they often went out together and sometimes it was days before they ever returned. You figured the jealousy you felt was because of all the time Rick and his grandson spent together. You wish you could spend a lot of time with Rick.

Today was no different as you sat on the couch, arm propped up on the arm as you rested your head against your hand. The tv was on but you were paying it no mind at all, you sort of just drifted off into your own thoughts as you stared at the tv stand.

That was until Summer plopped down on the couch beside you, jolting you from your thoughts. You looked over to see her, of course, on her phone as usual.

"Why are you looking so sad?"

Summer asked as she locked her phone and set it down beside her on the armrest of the couch.

"Huh? Oh, no reason.."

You mumbled out softly as you extended your leg to very gently kick at the leg of the coffee table.

"Uh huh. It wouldn't have anything to do with my grandpa, would it? You always seem so down when he and Morty are out."

Summer smirked a little.

It was no secret to the kids that you and Rick were dating. Beth and Jerry, on the other hand, were none the wiser and just considered you as a good family friend. It was actually rather amusing to you that even Rick doesn't know that the kids found out about your relationship.

You could easily play this off as boredom if it was Beth or Jerry but Summer was anything but stupid and could always read you like a book.

You puffed out your cheek in mild annoyance before sighing and looking over at her.

"We aren't spending a lot of time together these days and I'll admit I'm starting to feel a little jealous that Morty gets to go out on all these adventures with him when I can hardly get a simple hello from him. It's like I'm not even here anymore. It's a chore to get his attention.."

It pained you to say it out loud but it was true. It felt like Rick was slowly slipping away from you. It was getting harder and harder to gain his attention in you. You felt as if he had become bored with you and that feeling always left a bad taste in your mouth and a huge lump in your throat.

"Well then let's make him pay attention."

Summer grinned mischievously and you raised an eyebrow at her and tilted your head.

In that moment there was rustling and noise coming from the garage and Summer stood up, nodding her head for you to follow. You got up and followed her into the kitchen where the door to the garage was slightly ajar.

"So you gonna come with me to this party? Please, please come with me. There will be some older guys there. You might find a date~"

Summer beamed happily and loudly enough for her voice to travel into the garage.

Morty opened the garage door more to step into the kitchen, he walked past you both with an exhausted 'hello' before trailing upstairs and who was following him into said kitchen? Rick. He walked right past you and Summer and opened the fridge to grab a beer and you felt your heart sink into your stomach.