Chaos - Chapter Thirty - Nine

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :)

---

---

The drive home was the quickest ride of my life, and when Stiles dropped off Isaac and I at the loft, my stomach began to churn.

Something wasn't right, and I prayed I was over-thinking things, but my gut was telling me otherwise.

I waved off Stiles and Scott as they drove off and grabbed my suitcase. "You okay babe?"

It took me a moment to comprehend Isaac was talking to me and gave him a quick nod and continued to walk up the alleyway. 

Once we were inside Derek greeted the both of us and hugs were exchanged between Erica and Boyd. "Glad to have you back guys." Derek nodded and crossed his arms over his chest.

Boyd quickly filled us both on how quiet Beacon Hills was while we were gone and that only made the feeling in my gut grow tighter. "Thanks for letting us know." I smiled to Boyd.

Isaac and I both turned to go our rooms when Derek quickly spoke, "Just before you guys go, Hayley there is something I need to tell you." I snapped my body back around to him and gulped hearing the serious tone deepen in his voice, I knew something was wrong.

"It's your Aunt Katherine, there was an accident." 

I rushed through the doors of the hospital and knew I had outrun the others.  Sprinting to the front desk I found out her room number and sprinted again to the room she was in.

I ripped open the door and began panting when I saw her eyes open and Mrs McCall by her side having what seemed to be a lovely conversation before I rudely barged in. "Hayley, are you okay?" Mrs McCall worriedly asked. Ignoring her I pushed past her and embraced Aunt Katherine into a hug.

"What's going on?" Scott's Mum asked again.

"She didn't let me finish explaining to her what happened with her Aunt." Derek's voice rung in the background.

After finally letting go of my Aunt I was informed on the situation that took place while we were out of town. Derek explained to me how, one night while she was washing the dishes someone had thrown a large rock through the window of her house. Glass shattered all over her, and luckily a neighbour had heard and rushed her to the hospital. 

They continued to explain how she had some deep gashes and minor internal bleeding since the rock had hit her in the head, and when she fell her head then hit the counter. However, now she is stable and hopefully will make a slow recovery. She had an upcoming surgery in two days and they should be able to fix the damage.

My heart was still racing after they filled me in and Isaac had been holding my hand the entire time. "So she is going to be okay?" I double-checked with Mrs McCall.

She smiled warmly, "Yes it looks like it. I'll give you a moment with her." Derek and her then exited.

"You okay? You're heart is beating 100 miles per hour." He asked me and linked eyes with me.

"Y-yeah I'm doing okay, thanks."

"You too are adorable." My Aunt spoke up and I jumped slightly realising she was listening to everything.

I began to blush as Isaac kissed my head, "I'll wait outside,"

I walked over and sat down closer to her before I held her hand in mine. "You really scared me," I confessed.

"I'll be fine Hayley, you worry too much."

"How can I not worry when you're the only family I have left. I'm not losing you too." I felt my eyes tear up slightly.