Figuring it out - Chapter Thirteen

---

---

Soon after I hung up on my Aunt's call, Stiles sent me a message asking for me to come round and help him. I didn't hesitate to leave the loft as soon as I could, especially since there was this weird tension thing between Isaac and I after the whole taking away my pain incident.

I knew he found out about someone I know dying, since he overheard my phone call with my Aunt. Despite him never bringing it up I just knew he was dying to ask me.

I hoped into my car and soon arrived at Stiles house. The hyper boy answered the door almost instantly after I knocked, "Hayley, hi, come on in." He greeted me and gestured for me to come inside.

"What's going on Stiles?" I asked with a raised brow as I followed him to his bedroom. He walked in and it hit me what he needed me for.

I looked around the room and observed the clue board he had on one side of his room. "So this is what you needed me for?" I chuckled and sat down on his bed.

"Yes, we have a lot of things to figure out, and I'm going to need your help if we are going to get to the bottom of this." He walked over and grabbed a pen. He had a few photos, of Jackson, Matt, Peter and werewolves. He also had some news articles. Stiles was dedicated, I'll give him that. He had some yellow strings between some of the photos but majority was red.

I laid myself down on his bed and stared directly at the board he was standing in front of, "So where exactly do we start?"

He scratched his head, "All I know is that these Mental Wolf things are some how related to the kanima." He explained and turned back around to look at his work.

"Okay..." I replied and scanned the board.

"We need to figure out who has been affected and who could possibly be controlling the kanima." He pondered and turned around to face me.

"Why exactly is Matt on the board, isn't he dead?"

He walked closer to me, "Well there is a possibility it could be him, he was controlling the kanima and was slowly turning into one."

"Yeah I get that, but how is that possible if he is dead?"

He pressed his lips together before replying, "We all thought Peter was dead, but he came back. Whose to say Matt didn't as well."

Stiles really took attention to every little thing that has happened; he was incredibly observant. Somehow I knew he would figure all this out before any of us. "Makes sense then , I didn't even think of that. What about the people who could've been affected?"

"That's where I need your help, any idea's to who could've touched the substance?"

I let myself think for a moment, "Well obviously the police when they were gathering evidence, possibly some nurses or even doctors at the hospital." I suggested.

His eyes widen, "Good thinking," He hastily turned around and began editing the board.

"Hey Stiles, have you seen your Dad recently?" I randomly blurted out.

He shook his head, "Haven't seen him since yesterday, but I'm not surprised, he had a lot of extra work to do at the station." He answered me and I felt a pang in my chest. "Why'd you want to know?"

"No particular reason," I mumbled shrugging my shoulders. I sat with Stiles for a few more minutes and watched him add to the board. Slowly we were replacing red strings with yellow ones, we were actually getting somewhere. All we basically needed was some sort of antidote to heal these creatures and we would be all good and dandy.