Living in the Dark - Chapter One

---

---

"Let me tell you guys, with the amount of things that has happened this week, I need a vacation right now." Lydia vented as she shut her locker before facing Allison and myself.

It had been at least a week since Jackson had randomly fled Beacon Hills, and things have become extremely weird. I know something is going on in this town that somehow involves my group; I mean it's obvious, all the secrecy, them always being at the right place at the right time. Not to mention somehow they know everything and anything that has happened in this town way before me, and I watch the news with my Aunt every night.

Something's not right with Scott either - it's been that way for a long time. In fact, it kind of all started last year, and to this day I still have no clue as to what was going on with him.

"Tell me about it." Allison agreed. I looked down at my English books and got the feeling of being left out once again settle to the bottom of my stomach.

Suddenly all the chatter in the hallway evaporated and silence filled the room. I flicked my head around to see what all the silence was for, and then I saw why.

Two people were walking down the hallway. Confidence oozing off  the both of them. "Who is that?" I heard Lydia mumble, as she bit her lip.

"That's Isaac and Erica." I replied to her.

"Never heard of them." She stated, and continued to ogle them.

I looked over at Allison who was trying to determine where she had seen them before; I gave her shoulder a quick nudge, "Isaac and Erica are in our science class. They tend to sit at the back of the classroom; particularly in the back corner." I explained.

Her eyes widened, "Right, I remember them." She nodded. I let out a sigh, I was so confused. I never remembered them being this confident at all. The two of them were outsiders. They tended to stay out of drama and out of people's lives.

My mind flash backed to one time during P.E. when we were rock climbing. Erica flipped out, and had a seizure. The ambulance was called, and she was rushed off to the ER; poor girl.

Focusing my attention back on the two of them, I knew something wasn't right. It was as if something drastic happened to both of them over the weekend and now all of sudden they were completely different people.

Isaac was always one of those shy kids in school, always stayed out of things. So why all of a sudden does it seem like they are completely different people?

They soon passed us; Isaac smirking at the three of us. Our eyes locked for a brief moment and a chill crawled down my back. There was something about his stare that left me with an unsettling feeling.

The bell soon rang snapping everyone out of their trances. "Okay well I'm off to English now," I stated, "I'll see you girls at lunch." Waving my hand I turned on my heel and went off to my English class.

Once I arrived, I slowly entered the immaculate classroom and took a seat in the second last row on the far left side - it was my usual seat in English.

Students started pilling in and taking their seats before the teacher waltzed in and began the class. 

I found my eyes slowly losing focus, as I lost interest in what the teacher was speaking about. An unexpected tap to my right shoulder blade brought my eyes to refocus and I turned around cautiously before asking, "Yes?"

"Do you mind if I borrow a pen?" The curly haired boy asked me. I wasn't surprised by who asked for a pen, Isaac normally sat behind me in class.

"Why don't you have a pen?" I retorted, and observed his bare desk. The only thing on it was a slim piece of paper.