•Chapter 25•

[a/n] THE FLOOR IS UPDATES & GOOD CHAPTERS 
*levitates away from the floor*

Yoongi notices a lot of things.

He had noticed Jungkook frequently looking to Jimin when he thought he wasn't looking. He had noticed how everyday Hoseok came to work and Namjoon always asked how the intern was, that his smile would only be half as wide as usual as he lied by saying 'I'm doing great'.

It was really easy to see Jin and Namjoon holding hands. And if not that, casting those weird caring looks at each other. That was easy to notice. He had a pretty good idea of what happened in the kitchen, and was pretty glad Jin wasn't able to conceive. That'd be a whole different level of complicated.

The three of them had gone to Jin and Tae's apartment earlier to get some of their stuff. (Yoongi also had a chance to inspect the scene in the bedroom, though it was unpleasant)

For Yoongi most of the day went by uneventfully. It was mostly napping for short intervals when no one noticed. Tomorrow they had to go back to work, anyway. May as well catch up on as much rest as possible since he has the chance, anyway.

He got fed three meals so that meant he did what he had to too 'earn it' as Namjoon stated. Sure he had to help carry stuff at one point but, but that was all he ended up having to do. Anyway, it was worth it to get Jungkook to hangout with kids his age as a bonus to the deal... Even though it was mostly for the food.

But as the day dragged on, he continued to notice. In particular Seokjins younger brother, the way he acted. He could tell he wasn't usually like this, by the extra attention Jin was paying to him. Making sure he was alright.

He felt bad for Taehyung. For what he must've been struggling with.

It was another thing Yoongi didn't know about, but saw.

Another thing Yoongi noticed throughout the day was tension between Namjoon and Seokjin. Not bad, of course. But more along the lines of.. sexual, maybe? Honestly, it was freaking him out.

Maybe that's just me,  at one point he had tried to convince himself. But when carrying a bag of clothes to the car from Jins apartment, he happened upon them kissing. He felt uncomfortable and almost like it was gonna turn into some porno.

Long story short Yoongi didn't plan on sleeping over.

Just in case.

•••

"Let me come."

"I.. I want you to. But I don't want you to have to go through this."

"But it's worse for you. " the phone was hot in his hands from the hours of use, battery draining at a steady level. Tae hadnt checked the batter level, but it was likely to be getting low.

Hoseok, again, let the silence draw out for a moment. When he spoke though, he sounded tired. "I know. "

Tae bit his lip. His chest ached painfully hearing how exhausted he must be. How stressed.. And lonely. What Taehyung wouldn't have given to drop everything and run to his arms in a heart beat, pulling Hoseok into a hug and never, ever letting him go.

Tae spent most of the day on the phone with him. His mother, apparently, had been switched to ICU. her condition was getting worse. The doctors had told him it would be a miracle if she pulled through the night. That there was nothing they could do, except try and make her more comfortable now. The cancer had taken hold, and wasn't about to loosen its cold grip of looming death. It only held on tighter.