•Chapter 4•

Taehyung tried to open the apartment door as silently as possible, then closing it behind him. He was hoping Jin was off to work by now, because he had missed the earlier classes at school and decided to just head home and do some home work to make up for it.

Tae tip toed across the room, but heard a crack under his foot. He looked down and moved his foot to see a broken beer bottle, shattered on the floor. He frowned. Jin didn't normally drink at all. Not to mention just thinking of his older brother leaving broken glass on the ground was entirely absurd.

Taehyung put his backpack down. Now he was worried. 

"Jin hyung?" Tae called out, though he didn't think he could be home. He heard something from Jins bedroom, and he cautiously walked over, putting his hand on the slightly ajar door and pushing it open slowly.

Taehyung was horrified at what he saw. Jins hands covered his face, his whole body shaking with sobs. He was half naked, curled in a ball, and Tae could see bits of blood that had started to dry around him on the bed.

Tae was frozen for a second- but no longer as he hurried to Jins side, kneeling by the bed, carefully putting a hand on Jins upper arm. He felt the older seize up at his touch.

"What happened?" Tae whispered, and Jin shook his head, not finding it in himself to look at his brother.

Tae noticed Jins phone on the floor several feet away, and he reached over and grabbed it, seeing several messages from a Namjoon.

"Jin hyung, please, what happened?" Tae pleaded, worry clearly written on his face. He felt a lump form in his throat, forcing himself to near tears.

Jin lowered his shaky hands slowly, his eyes red and full of pain. He made a small, sad sound, as he tried to sign out a single word with his unsteady hands.

Him

This time Taehyung did break into tears. He put his arms over Jins shoulders, burying his face in the olders neck. He didn't mean to cry, honest to goodness.

Several years ago, Taehyung had been witness to this far to many times. And at this moment, he felt like he was there once more. A small child sobbing, and trying to not look at whatever monstrous thing was happening.

And now, when he wasn't here, when he could have possibly helped fight this, history had repeated itself.

Tae tried to force himself to stop crying. If Jin had been strong for him all this time, he had to be the strong one now. He had to take care of him.

Still sniffling, Tae pulled away a little bit. Tae tried to think of what he could do, biting down on the inside of his cheek.

"I'm gonna get a bath ready for you, okay? An-and while you're bathing I'll take care of all the bedsheets. " Taehyung accidentally stuttered with a little hiccup. He felt like crying still. He rubbed his eyes, trying to clear the tears.

He didn't want to leave Jin, even for a moment, but he had to stand up and rush to the bathroom, starting up the tub and holding his hand under the faucet, finding a good temperature before running back to Jins room. He opened up the dresser and took out some clothes for him, a big shirt, grey sweatpants, loose boxers. Tae took these items and put them in the bathroom.

He waited for the tub to fill before shutting the water off, and running back to Jin. He had stopped crying now, laying there with a vacant expression. As if he was shutting down. Taehyung was getting worried- if he did this now he didn't know if he would be able to help. Not like mom did.

Tae tugged on Jins hands to try and get him up.

"C'mon. A hot bath is ready. So you can get clean. " Tae tried to speak gently. Jin was the comforter in the house, always taking care of him. But now the roles changed. And Taehyung had to do his best.