Chapter 35

Hank had placed a small step ladder next to Thor; making my ascent easy and carefree. Once I was settled side saddle on my huge beautiful beast, Hank took the reins and we started our way forward from the barn.

I wasn't sure how Charity had managed to put together something so magnificent but Jana was right when she said the girl had a natural knack for party planning.

Just outside and to the right of the barn there were pristine white picnic tables complete with benches; ten in all.

She had erected wooden poles that circled the areas where the tables rested and had strung white lights around the poles and across the wire connecting each wooden stake. The look was breathtaking!

About every six inches or so she had strung up different shades of pink paper lanterns and with the gentle swaying of the breeze the lights looked spectacular as the sun began its descent.

The weather couldn't have been any more perfect than if we had filled out an order card ourselves asking for what we wanted.

The tables had been decorated with blush colored linen tablecloths and the flower arrangements had been put into huge Mason jars and consisted of various forms of daisies and sunflowers along with yellow roses and carnations.

Each table also had, on either side of the arrangement, smaller Mason jars containing candles that had already been lit.

And the final piece to the table arrangements was a picture of Bo and me, the one I had given to the bakery for our cake topper. Charity had blown up the picture, fastened it to a stained block of wood and it had a protective coating over the picture making it look glossy in nature.

The workers from the diner were already arriving to set up the food that would be served and I had noticed that an area had been set up separately and my guess is this was where we would cut the cake and have our first dance.

I could hear the beautiful sound of the string quartet from the cowboy church playing music as we approached where the ceremony would take place.

Charity had once again blown me away with what she had accomplished. She hung the same white colored lights but also had strands that were hanging down; almost like the icicles lights you buy at Christmas for the outside of your house.

The light breeze was making them sway softly and it almost reminded me of when we would chase and catch lightening bugs when we were little.

The same style and color paper lanterns swung from the trees while the guests sat in white wooden chairs; a white runner dividing the area where the wedding participants sat.

She had rented a white wooden archway that had the most gorgeous array of flowers, the same that adorned my wedding bouquet, gently woven throughout.

When we had gotten close enough the quartet started in with the wedding march and as I prepared to slide down to Hank as gracefully as I could, one of the men from the feed store was there to take care of Thor.

It all really hit home when I saw the congregation stand to their feet as Hank assisted me in my walk up the white aisle runner.

I smiled and nodded to the sweet faces that greeted me and then I saw him-Bo. And he took my breath away!

I'd never seen anyone look as handsome as he did right then; in our moment. I couldn't see anyone but him. It was like I was wearing blinders; but I didn't care. He was all that I wanted to see for the rest of my life.

He was in black from head to toe and the only splash of color was the perfectly pink Gerber daisy that had been pinned to his shirt.

Walker, Tuck and Randy all had pink roses pinned to their shirts and they all looked handsome as well; each of them wearing a white shirt instead of black like Bo.

I loved the way he was looking at me as we finally arrived at the front and there he was standing so close to me that I could smell his cologne and body wash; a smell that I had come to adore and had become synonymous with my man.

Pastor Roads looked at Hank and asked him who was giving me away. "I am giving this lovely young woman away" he said gruffly, sniffling a bit and making me want to cry as well.

He took my hand and placed it in Bo's outstretched one and then leaned over and said "Son you had better take good care of her." Everyone laughed as Bo nodded and said "Yes sir."

As our minister started the ceremony I was only half hearing what he was saying because I was too busy ogling my soon-to-be husband and trying to take in all of his manliness.

I could see some of his dark locks from under his hat and had gone over in my head the many times I had run my fingers through them. How soft it always felt and how he would groan in appreciation after a long day.

Next I took the time to appreciate the beautiful chocolate orbs that were staring back at me; penetrating me and surrounding me at the same time.

I had seen what they looked like while he was in the throes of passion as I pleasured him; I had seen them spark and darken when I had done something to piss him off; I had seen them full of fear when I had been attacked but right now, what I had looking at me was love.

His nose was gorgeous and just right for the structure of his face as were his cheek bones; prominent but not severely so.

His chin was strong and proud but not overly so and then there were his lips; God those lips; the palest pink, slightly plump and all consuming. The way they felt on my mouth and my body made me shiver at the thought of how they made me feel.

The squeeze of his hand on mine brought me back and it was time for our vows. We had opted to write our own because we didn't want something that had already been written and was just something we were repeating; no we wanted our own sentiment.

"Mercy Rae, I had no idea until that night at The Rose that I had been waitin for you all of my life.

When I saw you I realized that what I was lookin at was my future; my future wife and the mother of my children and I wanted that.

You have infuriated me sometimes because you are so stubborn and headstrong but I think that's why I love you so much; you refuse to take no for an answer and you never give up.

That's the kind of woman I need and want by my side; strong and loving; gentle but tough. You will bring out the best in me and that will help me be the kind of man you deserve.

I promise to love and respect you; take care of you and keep you safe. I promise to provide a good and loving home for you and our children.

I don't care if we have all of the money in the world or if we are flat broke; none of that matters if I don't have a good woman and you, Mercy Rae, you are that woman."

Well how in the world am I supposed to get through my vows now? I can hear the girls to my left sniffling; I can hear the guys to my right trying to clear their throats and I can hear our guests sniffling as well.

Trying to collect my thoughts and remember my vows I started to put my words into motion and give them life; directing towards the man they were meant for.

"Bo, I had hoped that when I came back home to Canadian that I would find someone I would want to settle down with. I had no idea that night at The Rose that I would meet him.

You too have infuriated me as well but I know that everything you did and said was coming from a place in your heart that was nothing but love and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I need you by my side; I want us to experience things together. The good and the bad; it will make us stronger together than apart.

I promise to love and respect you; to cherish you as often as I can; to be your shelter when you come in out of the cold; your comfort when things go bad.

And whether we have money or not it doesn't matter; none of it does without the love of a good man by my side. I love you Brody."

After we exchanged rings and those vows, Pastor Roads was ready to pronounce us man and wife.

"Ladies and Gents, it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you for the very time-Mr. & Mrs. Brody Robertson!"