Chapter 6

I had a very hard time concentrating on ranch work after seeing Bo this morning at the feed store. Damn he was a fine lookin man!

The way he would tip his hat at me and then give me that sexy, lopsided smile. Cowpie! That man was a burr under my saddle, and I meant that in a good way.

I busied myself in the barn, arranging all the goodies I purchased for Thor.

I got a really nice saddle blanket and saddle.  I had one, back in Fort Worth, but I wanted a new one, to kind of symbolize a new start for my life.

  I had one, back in Fort Worth, but I wanted a new one, to kind of symbolize a new start for my life

Grooming kit was next, a new pail and I was having fresh hay delivered

Grooming kit was next, a new pail and I was having fresh hay delivered.  Thor was going to be a spoiled horse!

I had just backed my truck up to the barn, when a truck and trailer pulled in with my hay.  Luke had a couple of his men bring it over and we started unloading right away.

"Thank y'all and make sure to tell Luke thanks" I said as they drove off.  We stacked all of it except for four bales.

I left two intact, inside Thor's stahl and then broke apart two bales for the floor of his stahl, spreading it around with a pitchfork, while singing to The JaneDear Girls Wildflower.

I was having a great start to my day, the birds were singing, the sky was crystal clear and blue and I had a beautiful man that wanted to be a part of my life.

When I finished in the barn, I got the ladder from the barn and climbed up on my roof to take a look and see what needed to be done.

Florida Georgia Line Cruise came on the radio and I stood up and started swaying and singing, the trees, pond and grass my audience and I was just having the time of my life!

I never heard the truck pull into my driveway, but you know how you get a feelin someone is watching you?  I turned around to see a smiling Hank and Tuck staring up at me.

Looking around them, I saw the trailer and I couldn't get off the roof fast enough; my horse was here!

"Good mornin y'all!" I said cheerfully, giving both men a big hug, receiving hugs and kisses from both of them.

"Luke said he already saw you this mornin" Tuck commented.  I nodded.

"Yeah, I got some stuff for Thor; hay, saddle blanket, saddle and groomin kit.  Speakin of, where's my boy?" I asked smiling.

I followed them to the back and watched Hank swing the trailer door open and back my horse out and down the ramp.

"Oh my gosh!  Aren't you beautiful" I purred as he neighed in agreement, making the three of us laugh.

Taking the make shift reins in my hand, I led him into the barn and showed him his new home; complete with a personalized sign on the door of his stahl that had been burned into the wood.  It read Thor.

"Mercy Rae, this is great" Hank remarked as I grabbed the new blanket and threw it over Thor's middle back.

"Well my good boy deserves the best" I said.

"Not sure if I should be jealous" a familiar sexy voice rang out. I grinned and shook my head and turned around.

"Mr. Robertson, are you stalking me?" I joked. He smirked and said "Absolutely." Then he winked. Lord help me now!

"Actually I come bearing gifts. I put a little somethin together for Thor and I brought beer for tonight. I'll come back later with the ice, say around five? That way it will have two hours to get good and cold."

I gave the rope to Tuck and said I'd be right back, watching Tuck give Bo the eye while Hank elbowed him and mouthed behave.

Once we got inside, I let Bo have a look around will I walked into the kitchen and sat some of the cases of beer on the table, then he followed with the rest.

"You've done a fine job with the place, Mercy Rae" he complimented.

"Thanks. I only brought a few pieces with me from Fort Worth like this dining room table and chairs. They were mama's" I said softly, showing my vulnerability for the first time.

I felt Bo lift my chin, his eyes taking mine captive. "I'm sorry about your folks, little filly" he said quietly.

Putting my hand on his waist, I pulled myself closer as we continued to have our moment.

"I need to ask you a favor, Bo" I said. "Sunday, if you aren't busy, would you mind ridin with me to scatter mama and daddy's ashes? Daddy left me a letter telling me where to place them and it's here in my land."

"I'd be honored to baby" he said while lowering his lips to mine, carrying me away for just a little bit and I silently thanked him for it.

"I guess we'd better get back out there before Tuck comes chargin through the door" I remarked while Bo just outright laughed, but before we headed out, Bo stopped me.

"Can I ask you for a favor?" I nodded. "Saturday evening, if you don't have plans, I'd like to pick you up. I have a place I wanna show you and I know you'll love it. Can you be ready by five? We need to be there before the sun goes down."

I smiled at him, my finger somehow made it through the loop of his jeans so I could pull him to me once again.

"That sounds nice and yes I'd love to go with you. Five is no problem, Bo." He leaned down and kissed me again, this time it felt a little more proprietary in nature but I loved it.

When we got outside, Tuck and Hank were talking about the BBQ tonight and arguing over what to bring.

"Merc, tell daddy what you said about tonight" Tucker whined.

"Bring drinks. I got everything else covered" I told the older Watkins.

He didn't like me doing all the work but he knew better than to argue, and so it was settled.

The men watched in awe as I saddled Thor, cantered him around a bit and then dug my heels into his side and took off, the breeze whipping my hair and I was laughing like a hyena.

I loved my life!