Chapter 24

Thank you everyone for your patience!  I just got a new job and also having a book published on Amazon and working on another completely new book to get on Amazon soon as well has been time consuming as you can imagine.  You guys are the reason I do this!  Thank you!

We went out to The Rose the following night and when I finally was allowed to sit down with my friends, my voice was exhausted!  I'd been singing half the night but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

"So Merc, you ready for tomorrow?" Tuck asked me.  I nodded, sipping my beer and focusing on the questioning look I was getting from Bo.

"Tuck and Hank are takin me to a cattle auction in Midland.  I need to get some beef on my land" I told Bo, providing him with an explanation.

"You wanna come with?" I asked and immediately his face lit up like the noonday sun and an equally beautiful smile spread across his mouth.

"I'll get Caleb to take care of my chores and yeah, I'd love to come with" he said kissing my cheek.

We drank a little more and talked a little more until slowly and steadily the patrons started thinning out due to the impending doom of Monday morning looming ahead.

Tuck kissed Tammi Sue on the way out and then he threw out at me that he and Hank would see me at dark thirty, which wasn't that far away.

"Alright brother, goodnight and drive safe and I'll see you and the old man in the morning" I tossed out, laughing as he tipped his hat and walked to his truck.

Bo and I both noticed Walker and Charity in a very deep and heated discussion and I wanted nothing to do with it and neither did Bo, so we just kept walking.

"Little filly" he smiled, holding his door open for me.  I did a cute little curtesy and hopped up into the cab, taking my place next to my cowboy.

I watched him take his off his hat and then lean into me, his soft lips so inviting on mine and kissing me tenderly before putting his hat back on and starting the truck.

I placed my hand on his jean clad thigh and laid my head on his shoulder as we drove into the night towards my home; the night was quiet and still just for us.

Lacey and Laila barely lifted their heads when we walked in, tuckered out from their romp earlier.  I walked over and petted each girl on the head and told them goodnight.

Bo had already turned the bed down and pulled my nightshirt from the dresser and tossed it next to me as I sat down.

He was on his knees in front of me, removing my boots and socks, massaging my sore feet and calves.  When he'd finished pampering my poor feet, he took my hands and helped me stand.

"Your shirt, little darlin" he said while sliding the zipper down and before the dress could hit the floor, my shirt was over my head.

I watched him take my dress, boots and socks and put them away for me and I had to admit that I could used to him spoiling me like this all the time.

We stood side by side in the bathroom, brushing our teeth and finishing our nightly routine like we'd been doing it for years.

I hadn't realized how tired I was until we fell into bed and my head hit the pillow and it was an amazing feeling having Bo lay behind me, his arm around my waist.

"Goodnight baby.  I love you" he said, kissing the back of my head.  "Goodnight Bo, I love you too" I yawned in response, closing my eyes and sighing in contentment.

Lady Antebellum serenaded us as my alarm went off at three forty-five.  I groaned and rolled over to find Bo's side empty but the smell of fresh coffee told me he was awake.

My body felt like lead as I drug it into the bathroom and took care of business.  Feeling somewhat refreshed, I found my way into the kitchen in time to see Bo fixing breakfast burritos.

Walking up behind him, I put my arms around his waist.  "Good morning baby" I said, my voice sounding more raspy from all the singing the night before.

"Little filly how'd you sleep?" He asked, gracing my forehead with his lips.  I smiled and nodded, letting him know I had slept just fine.

"These smell just heavenly" I said closing my eyes and inhaling all the savory smells coming off the cooked food.

"You plannin on feedin an army" I joked picking up the burrito and biting into it.  Bo smirked and shook his head.

"I just know if Tuck finds out I made these for you and didn't make any for him, he'll be the biggest baby and you don't want to spend the day with that, trust me."  I snorted, knowing he spoke the truth.

After a truly wonderful and filling breakfast, we tidied up, made the bed and got dressed just as Hank and Tuck pulled up with the trailer in tow.

"Mornin Mercy Rae.  Bo" Hank said hugging me and patting Bo's shoulder.  Tuck stuck his nose in the air, sniffing around and smiled immediately.

"You made 'em, didn't ya?" He said.  Bo chuckled as he grabbed the cooler and handed it to his friend while pouring Hank a cup of coffee.

Once everyone had been fed and watered we started our journey into Midland and hopefully by the end of the day I would be coming home with at least six head; three bulls and three heifers.

I was excited that my home was starting to finally come together and was starting to look like a real ranch and for the first time since mama and daddy had been gone, I felt like I was really home and it was the most amazing feeling in the world!