Chapter 3

I had never seen so many good looking men and women in one place, but The Rose was full of them tonight and when I walked in, I received a lot of looks, whistles and catcalls until Tuck took charge.

"Alright you mangy rednecks, listen up!  This here's Mercy Rae, my sister, and if any of ya get any ideas, well you can just meet me in the parkin lot right now."  He looked around, no one said anything.  "Hmm, thought so."  Then he turned to me.

"Little filly!  You made it!"  He picked me and bear hugged me.  "Tucker, you squeezin too hard darlin" I huffed.

He just grinned and let me go, thankfully he didn't ruffle my hair or I would have kicked his a$$.

"Come on sis, I want you to meet the guys" he said pulling my hand and dragging me over to a table that was surrounded by the hottest cowboys I'd ever seen.

"Guys, this is Mercy Rae.  Merc, this is Randy Fisher, Walker Stetson, and Luke Marks.  We are missin one, but he should be here soon."

"Nice to meet ya, Mercy Rae" all the guys said.  "Hey guys!  Nice meetin y'all too.  Y'all got room for one more?"  They nodded and scooted over so I could sit down.

Tuck went and got us some beers and shots while I talked to the guys.  "So, what do you guys do?" I asked.

Randy answered first.  "Well I work for the Double R.  I break in the new horses, been doin that a couple of years now.  Ever since I moved from Olahoma."

Luke went next.  "I own and run Marks Tack and Feed so anything you need in that area, I'm your guy" he said.

"Looks like I'll be seein you tomorrow mornin then" I said winking.  The guys all laughed.

Walker Stetson went last.  He was kind of a broody fellow, but he was hotter than a well digger's a$$ in the heat of the summer.

"I work with Bo on his daddy's ranch.  Fixin fences, takin care of the cattle, just general ranch hand duties."

Bo.  Brody Robertson.  I'd heard all about him, here and there from Tuck, but never met the man.  It made me wonder if he was as broody as his friend Walker.

Before I could mentally expand on my thoughts anymore, Tuck came back with our beers and shots.

Holding up his shot, Tuck gave a toast.  "Here's to comin back home.  Glad you're back, little filly."

After we downed those, we all chased it with our beers and then Tuck asked me to come with him to the bar.

There was a beautiful and feisty blonde behind the bar, shouting out orders to the bartenders and when she saw Tuck, her face lit up.

"Tammi Sue, this is Mercy Rae.  Merc, this here is the owner of this fine establishment and soon to be my girlfriend, I hope" he gave her a very toothy grin.

The blonde just blushed and swatted him with a towel, before turning to me.

"I'm so glad to meet you.  Tuck talks about you all the time and I'm excited that you came back to Canadian.  Tuck tells me how much alike we are" she said laughing.

Another pretty girl walked up and Tammi Sue introduced her as Belynda Marie, her best friend, and the third to our possible budding friendship.

"I couldn't help but notice you have Karaoke?" I said grinning as Tuck shook his head.

"What?" I asked.  "Nothin" he said.  "I'm not that bad" I huffed.  "No you're not Merc, you're pretty damn good and if you get up there and start singin, you'll be up there all night" Tucker countered.