Chapter 8

I busied myself with my mental list, doing everything in my power to take myself from the earlier thoughts of Bo and I in this very kitchen.

"Whew, that boy is damn hot" I giggled out loud, fanning my upper body with the local newspaper.

Hell his body was fine enough to make you slap yer mama!  And not only did I see his chest and arms, I kissed him, all over!

"Oh Lord I'm gonna be worthless the rest of the day" I groaned, but I knew what would take my mind off him and that was to go shopping.

I'd seen five plastic folding tables and chairs out in the barn; not sure who's they were, but they were mine now.

The yard looked fine, so no work needed there.  I had some medium size Mason jars that I had attached chains to and put candles inside, so those would hang from the trees in the front yard.

The smaller size jars would line my porch and the railing and I had planned on purchasing tiki torches as well.

After about thirty minutes, I had managed to drag all the tables out of the barn, set them up and give them the once-over.

Those and the chairs needed cleaning, so I grabbed a bucket, put soapy water in and took a rag from my cleaning supply box and headed back outside.

Now it was noon and the tables were sparkling as were the chairs.  Taking the dolly from the barn, I brought out two small steel tubs, like you would bathe a small critter in, those would be for the drinks.

I placed those on either side of the front porch and had made signs, BEER and SODA & WATER for the other one.  I attached the papers to wooden stakes and placed them behind the tubs.

This was turning out better than I'd hoped for!  Now, a trip into town!

Grabbing my keys, wallet and phone, I locked the door behind me and climbed up into my truck and headed off.

As I neared the feed store, my eye caught the local animal shelter and my heart being the compass of my body, I turned my truck into their parking lot.

Within five minutes I had found two Australian Shepherd dogs. Their names were Laila and Lacey. Lacey was lighter in color and Laila was the darker one. Their owners were killed in a fire and they were brought here in hopes of finding a new owner that would want both of them.

  Their owners were killed in a fire and they were brought here in hopes of finding a new owner that would want both of them

I inquired as to whether they'd ever been on a ranch, they had. Did they like to sleep on the floor, bed or their own beds. They liked their own beds.

I walked out with two dogs, dog food, leashes, toys, dog shampoo, heart worm meds, collars, tags, brushes and two beds.

After putting their items in my truck, I leashed both of them, and went off to the butcher's, the local florist and Dollar General.