Chapter 21: Was He?

Chaeri's mind was filled with a lot of things, but sometimes her thoughts would drift towards what happened yesterday and she would whisk them all away wanting to temporarily forget about it, maybe just until after her birthday if possible.

A part of her wanted to tell the wolves about the fact that she wasn't really the girl they were looking for, but the selfish girl inside of her was stopping her from doing that. It was scaring her and making her feel confused.

Why does she care if they stay or go? Didn't she want them to leave the very first time she met them? She wasn't really supposed to be their host anyway...

"What are you thinking about?" Bambam suddenly asked disrupting her thoughts.

Her head turned towards the boy walking beside her, a grin on his lips was intact as he gave her a curious look. Chaeri made him promise not to tell the others about what happened yesterday so Bambam kept his mouth shut about it, he actually felt happy to keep the secret for her, the idea made him feel like the two of them had gone closer.

"Nothing." She answered with a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure? You've been silent since we rode the bus though." Bambam said as he locked his arms with hers. His other arm has officially been healed today, so he wasn't wearing the cast anymore.

Spirit Wolves were lucky they heal twice as faster than humans.
"If you're worried about the other pack members then you shouldn't be." Yugyeom uttered as he inserted himself between Bambam and her, his action made Bambam scowl as he had to let go of Chaeri's arm "They'll be fine."

"I'm not worried." Chaeri chuckled "They promised to comeback with no bruises."

JB and the others weren't going with them to school today because they're visiting the Council, she was worried at first of course, knowing how tense the atmosphere got whenever the two wolf packs meet.

She feared they'll end up in a fight but she saw the urgency in their eyes telling her how important their meeting would be, and honestly after yesterday's realization she began to doubt if she had the right to stop them from doing anything at all so she allowed them to go.

"Chaeri!"

Jaeyoon's voice made the three of them turn before they could enter the school gate, the two wolves immediately had scowls plastered on their faces as soon as their eyes landed on the guy but Chaeri was sporting a smile on her face at the sight of him.

"Great..." Yugyeom uttered to himself in irritation "Romeo's here."

"He doesn't even deserve to be called one. At least Romeo knows how to make people's hearts flutter with his words." Bambam whispered back before glaring at Jaeyoon "I hate everything that comes out from this guy's mouth."

Yesterday night, Chaeri and the Wolves had a movie marathon in the living room, one of the movies they watched was Romeo and Juliet. They were all noisily complaining when they finished watching it telling her how much they hated the movie especially the ending, she could only laugh and shrug at their comments.

She couldn't blame them though, it seems the wolves didn't like the fact that the lovers died because Romeo's letter didn't reach Juliet in time.

Chaeri shook her head as she sighed at the two. She had tried a hundred times to make them like Jaeyoon but their hearts are just too cold for him. It was like persuading a rock to move on its own.

Bambam and Yugyeom finally stopped backstabbing the poor guy when he was in front of them.

"Good Morning!" Jaeyoon greeted warmly.