Apologies and returns

Marinette had woken up first. She walked over to the bathroom and changed and then came out. She went into the kitchen and got out a croissant. As she was about to bite into it, the phone rang so she lay the croissant on the kitchen counter and ran over quickly to the phone. She picked up the phone and heard a man's voice.

???: Hello?!

Marinette: Uh. . . Hi? H- how may I -I help you?

???: Oh its Marinette!

Marinette: Yes. . .?

???: We're coming back home from the baking convention!

Marinette: Huh?

???: Marinette. It's me, Tom!

Marinette: Oh~ Hi papa! Sorry, didn't recognize your voice.

Tom: Oh okay. Anyway, we were calling to check in. So, how was everything? How was school? Did anything weird happen between you and Adrien!?

Marinette: To answer your questions. . .

Everything was fine.

School could be better.

And no. Nothing weird happened. Trust me.

Tom: Okay good. Bye!

Marinette: Bye!

*Marinette hung up*

She sighed right afterwards kept her hand on the phone. She closed her eyes and the second she did, memories of last night flooded into her mind.

Just as she was thinking, she heard the trap door open and she opened her eyes and turned around, only to see Adrien coming down the stairs. She immediately turned around and just stared at nothing. "Hey um. . . Marinette? Where's the milk? I don't see it." He asked. "We didn't get any today." She said but still was turned away from him. "Marinette. Turn around." He commanded. "No." She said, standing her ground. "Fine." He said as he walked over to her and put his hands on her shoulders and spun her around. "Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes filled with worry. "Yes, yes I am." She said, sounding very hesitant. "No you're not" He stated. She simply stared. "Marinette. Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I also didn't mean to- to k- kiss y- you either a-and all the things that made you feel uncomfortable yeah. . . I didn't mean to do that. And oh dear, now I'm rambling. . ." He rambled. A small and barely noticeable smile curled up her lips. "It's alright. I forgive you. I'm also sorry for slapping you." She said. "Well, you kind of had the right to." He said. She ruffled his hair and they both headed out of the apartment to go to school, grabbing a croissant each.