A change of heart and a punch to the face

{Marinette's POV}

Adrien has been ruining Marinette's life. Nino didn't really help either. He looks like a love sick puppy when ever Alya comes into the room. Alya doesn't entirely believe the fact that he is nothing but a play boy. She keeps on saying that there is a soft side to him. Marinette doesn't believe that though. She even created a saying. "Once a playboy, always a playboy.". Alya didn't entirely agree to that. Marinette knew that Alya could possibly turn her back at any moment and go to another friend. But she kept on wondering... Why didn't she do it then? She could leave her at any moment. She could even leave her for Nino. But she didn't, thus making Marinette feel slightly guilty about the rules she set upon Alya, preventing her from seeing Nino. So she decided to lift a few rules. She shouldn't stop Alya from hanging out with a person who is associated with Adrien. So that day, the moment Alya and Marinette sat at the cafeteria table, Marinette began to talk...

"Wait, Marinette are you being serious?!"

"Yea... I guess so..."

"Well you don't seem too happy about these rules you've let me break."

"No. Trust me, I am... For you."

"Marinette... If you're unhappy, just tell me."

"No, no. I'm not."

She tried to smile. But she hadn't smiled for quite awhile so it was pretty difficult.

Then Marinette's enemies, Chloe and Lila and Adrien walked up to her table.

'Oh god, what now?' Thought Marinette. Chloe walked by and brushed her elbow against the table causing Marinette's tray to fall to the ground. Chloe had that devious grin on her face. 'Obviously' Thought Marinette again. Lila just cackled and Adrien walked over to Marinette and started picking things up for her. Chloe's grin faded and turned to a face of shock. Lila stopped cackling and just stared with pure shock written on her face. Chloe then walked up to Adrien and tried to pull him away but he didn't move. Marinette was boiled up inside. But you know, that wasn't enough. Chloe also had to include Marinette's friend too. She dumped Alya's orange juice on her head. Alya just sat there, her hair dripping orange juice onto her lap. Marinette couldn't hold it in anymore. Lila was trying not to laugh. She had tears in her eyes and her hand was covering her mouth and there was a smile plastered on her face. Marinette didn't care what would happen to her bakery. She got up and walked over to Chloe who was on the other side of the table, next to Alya. Chloe was looking at Alya and laughing and pointing at her. Alya had tears in her eyes. She was totally humiliated today. Everybody was staring at her, she wanted to die right on the spot. And Marinette could see that. As Chloe was laughing she noticed a shadow growing over her so she turned around and the moment she did, she received a punch to the face. She fell to the ground. When she looked up she saw Marinette with her fist hanging down, only just realizing what a horrible mistake she had done. Chloe held on to her red cheek and held back her tears. He cheek really stung. Marinette then ran away feeling horrible. She knew what Chloe could possibly do to her bakery and her... Family... No. She wouldn't let that happen. But she ran anyway. She ran out of the school. Alya, Adrien and Nino ran after her. Chloe just sat there with her throbbing cheek. It became swollen so Lila took her to the nurse's office.