I don't understand

Adrien's eyes darted around the room and he began sweating. Marinette broke the unnaturally tense silence by clearing her throat. "Uh. . . Mom, I think that you've mistaken him for someone else." She then shook her head. "No, I wouldn't mistake him for anyone else." She stated. Adrien was suddenly washed over with a strong feeling of nostalgia. He suddenly hears children laughing and his eyes grow wide as he begins to remember. He then sees two preschoolers running together and laughing. He sees himself as a child and then looks at the person he is running with. He cant see her face clearly but her hair is clearly tied into pigtails just like Marinette's hair. Her hair is jet black like Marinette's. "Marinette. . . It's you." he whispers. Marinette stares at him like he is some sort of a freak. "What?" She asks, curious to know what he is talking about. "It was you." he smiles. "Uh. . ." She stared at him. Sabine then smiled at both of them. "I'll explain to you two later." She said. "Okay. . ?" said Marinette. Sabine ran upstairs to tell Tom, Marinette's father, about the wonderful appearance Adrien had made today.

{Sabine and Tom}

They sat in the living room together and talked. "You know, Adrien had a hard time separating from his mom. She just disappeared and the poor boy was in shock." She said.  Tom simply stared at the floor.

{Marinette and Adrien and Alya and Nino}

"What in the world?" They all asked confused.