Detention

Marinette had returned to school with Alya, Nino and Adrien. The second they came to class, the teacher turned around glared at them. "Where have you four been?!" She yelled. They froze in fear and Marinette knew that the reason Alya, Nino and Adrien were in trouble was because of her. "It was all my fault," She began. Everybody diverted their gaze at her. "I ran out of the school building and Alya, Nino and Adrien went looking for me." She finished. "Marinette, you get detention and Alya and Nino and Adrien, you guys are off the hook.". Marinette was relieved but then Marinette's breath hitched when Alya began to practically yell at the teacher. "That is completely unfair! I was the reason that Marinette ran out in the first place!". "Alya what are you doing?!" Marinette whisper-yelled. "I'm doing what's right!" said Alya. "Alya Cesaire! You are being very rude right now, would you like a detention too?!" Yelled the teacher. "Hell yeah! I would never leave my friend!" Replied Alya. "Alya, no. Don't do this." pleaded Marinette. "Mrs. Mendelieve already gave me a detention, cant do anything about it." Grinned Alya while lifting her shoulders. Marinette furrowed her eyebrows at her and then turned away and stomped back to her seat. The teacher turned back to the board and mumbled something along the lines of "Stupid teenage kids, always skipping classes."

After school Marinette and Alya stayed in class while Nino and Adrien gave them worried looks as they were leaving the class room. Marinette and Alya simply sighed and stayed in their seats. Then the teacher turned around and looked at them with a confused expression. "What are you two still doing here?" she asked. "Huh?!" Marinette and Alya exclaimed. They both exchanged glances and Alya seemed to have a spark in her eye and Marinette suddenly knew what she was up to. "Oh well, sorry for bothering you Mrs. Mendelieve, but we should uh. . .-" Alya was cut off by Marinette when Marinette said " Be heading home! That's right, all that home work won't do itself!". "Oh yes of course! Now please leave, I have an emergency at home! Good day kids!" She said and left the classroom. Marinette and Alya sighed of relief and headed out too. When Alya and Marinette had reached the school's exit, they got pretty shocked. There sat Adrien and Nino, talking to each other. Alya's expression softened while Marinette's face looked disgusted. She just didn't like the fact that Adrien was there. She had grown to accept the fact that Alya and Nino liked each other -but were completely oblivious-. Nino's eyes met Alya's and they both blushed and looked away. Adrien looked at Marinette and Marinette looked at him with no expression at all. He turned away, disappointed, because she didn't have a reaction. 'When will she fall for me to break her heart? If she had one that is. . .' he thought. Marinette then turned to her left to look at Alya, Alya was still blushing. Marinette rolled her eyes and said "Lets head home guys.". Everyone nodded and as Marinette and Alya were heading to Marinette's house, they noticed two teenage boys following them. It was Adrien and Nino. "Um. . . Why are you following us?" Asked Marinette, unamused. "Oh uh. . . We just thought that when you said 'Lets head home guys', you meant us too!" Replied Adrien. "Well then you two must be dumb cause I'd never let both of you into my house." Said Marinette. "But you let me in once!" Said Adrien as he grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "I only let you in for the project. I don't want to have a failing grade. I mean, I kicked you out pretty soon anyway." Marinette said, examining her nails. Adrien's plan crashed down. "You didn't kick me out, I left myself!" He shot back. "What ever floats your boat." said Marinette as she shrugged her shoulders carelessly.

Marinette and Alya got to Marinette's house with the boys, since the boys wouldn't leave them alone. "Ooh! Who is this?" Asked Marinette's mom, Sabine Dupain-Cheng. "Oh them? They are just some creeps following us around." Said Marinette. "Oh well that's not nice!" Said Sabine. Marinette rolled her eyes again as she grabbed a croissant. Sabine then walked out from behind the counters and walked towards the door to flip the 'open' sign which meant that means it's closed now. As she was walking back towards the counter, Nino's foot was in the way, he was admiring the interior of the building, she tripped over his foot and she fell down. Nino then turned to Mrs. Sabine began apologizing nonstop. Adrien on the other hand, instead of being useless, he helped up Mrs. Sabine and asked her if she was okay. "I'm okay, I'm oka-" She stopped dead in her tracks and whispered "Adrien...?"