Chapter 12: Send Help

"Okay, hold this for me, please." He said, handing me piece of key as his voice dropped to a whisper.

"Hurry up, Aiden. Being caught yet again isn't exactly a great feeling." I said, making him glare at me.

"How about you do this then?" He said, to which I rolled my eyes to.

We're still trying to find our way in, as you can see. It's not exactly the greatest thing there is. Sure, the thrill is there, but the nervousness I'm feeling kind of surpassed any other emotions. And so, here we are, still outside the gate, as Aiden finds a way that we can go in without any guard catching us.

I'm starting to think we'll be stuck here for the whole night.

I looked at my watch and saw that it's already quarter to three. Shit, Mom's probably already on her way here and Aiden and I are still stuck here outside.

How fun.

"Hey Aid, I'll go and call Zyljan to ask him for some information." I said, to which he only nodded his head to, still staring at the gate like it's the most magnificent there there is.

I fished out my phone and dialed Zyljan's number. I hope he's still awake or be woken up by the call at least. After a few rings, Zyljan finally picked up, making me sigh in relief. "Thank God you picked up. Aiden and I need help."

"Amber?" He asked. "Shit, where are you? You're lucky I somehow made up some dumb and stupid cover up for your sudden disappearance. Mom and Dad didn't check up on you."

Thank God for having another brother.

"Mom's already home?" I asked, making Aiden look at me with a questioning glance.

"Yeah. She was actually early for once. She came home at around one in the morning." He replied.

I sighed in relief once again. We don't have to worry about Mom seeing us here outside then.

"Okay, good. What did she say when she arrived?" I asked, making Aiden peer at me more curiously.

"Well, she asked if you're still awake, of course. Then I said yes then when she said she'll go check up on you, I made up some dumb excuse about how she shouldn't." He replied.

"What excuse did you make?" I asked.

"Well," He started with a nervous chuckle. "I kind of told her you're with Chase and Aiden is with some girl and that was practically enough to make her back off."

I gaped at what he said. What the hell? Oh God, what is Mom thinking now?

"Zyljan," I started with a scowl on my face even though he can't really see me. "I swear, if you—"

"Okay, before you kill me and leave my body somewhere where it can't be found, at least it made Mom back off, right?"

"Why didn't you just tell her Aiden and I are already asleep?" I screeched.

"Bitch, the light of both your rooms are on and there's music booming from both your rooms. Also, the puppy Chase gave you—What's her name again? God, I always forget. Anyway, she's still awake and Mom knows that that pup only sleeps when you're asleep."

Sometimes, just sometimes, it makes me think of how Aiden and I aren't dead yet because of our unsaid idiocy. I mean, who leaves the light of their rooms on and the music booming loudly? Oh, right, Aiden and I, apparently.

"Why are your rooms like that anyway?" He asked as I heard shuffling from the background.

"To leave any suspicion to occur on Dad's mind why Aiden and I are being actually quiet for once in our lives."

The Troubled BillionaireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara