Chapter 45: Welcome Back

"Knock, knock, anyone home?" We heard a familiar voice ask from the door frame leading to the backyard and poolside, as Aiden and our friends lounged on the sun bed near the pool, hugging our coats closer to us.

I don't even know why we let Blake and Ian talk us into staying here outside when it's freezing cold out, not to mention the temperature is dropping every passing hour. Okay, too much of an exaggeration but hey. It could it be a possibility — I think.

Sighing inwardly, I made a mental note never to let Ian and Blake convince us into doing something stupid and idiotic as this because honestly, I think the reason why we're all here is due to the challenge that both boys have laid out for us.

I think we all know that Amber and friends — and Aiden and cousins — never backs down from a challenge.

The moment we heard the voice, we all turned around and came face to face with a grinning Zyljan. Aiden and I's eyes lit up in excitement when we saw him. I instantly stood up in my place and ran towards him with a big grin plastered on my face. "Zyljan!" I exclaimed as I flung my arms around his neck.

He laughed as he wrapped his arms around me. "Hey ugly duckling." He greeted.

I pulled away from him and rolled my eyes. He just never change. "That has got to be the oldest nickname you have in store for me." I told him as I put my hand against my hip.

"Who cares? At least I know that you missed me." He grinned at me. He turned his attention to Aiden, who stayed put in his place as he regarded Zyljan and I's interaction with mirth. "What? No hug for me?"

Aiden chuckled as he put down the cards in his hand and slowly stood up to make his way towards Zylan's awaiting arms.

"Hey birthday boy." He wrapped his arm around Zyljan to return his hug.

Oh yeah, Zyljan's birthday is just around the corner! Well, tomorrow to be exact — the twentieth of December.

How the hell did I even forget that my brother's birthday is tomorrow?

Zyljan groaned as he pulled away from Aiden, adjusting his scarf right after. "Don't remind me. I'm starting to feel old."

I heard a squeal come from Hannah. "Oh my gosh it's tomorrow!" She exclaimed excitedly, making all of us look at her in astonishment. She looked back at us with a questioning glance. "What?"

"How did you even know his birthday is tomorrow? We never spoke of Zyljan's birthday until now." The curiosity in Austin's voice was very hard to miss.

"Uh, hello, fangirl here?" Hannah looked at us with a 'duh' look on her face. She pursed her lips. "Well, former fangirl now."

A smirk slipped onto my lips as I remembered all those days that she would stalk Zyljan's and Aiden's social media accounts because of how much she adores them both — Stacy and Sophie also guilty as charged. Although, Sophie was definitely lowkey on the subject and Stacy never went as far as keeping track of their every move and knowing what their schedules are.

I'm the sister, and I don't even know almost half of the things Hannah found out about them through social media.

Ah, the power of the Internet.

Not that I would anyway, considering how I was in Canberra and I hardly read any tabloid about them that appears right in front of my face. I personally thought it was a waste of time because for the following reasons:

One: Most of those articles about them are probably lies or just another string of appreciation or recognition or anything of like for a job well done — charity, modeling, volunteer work and whatnot. Basically just all the things Mom forces us to do for a good reputation.