Chapter 32: Good Morning

At around eight in the evening, an hour after we finished dinner and three hours after Chase practically dragged me out the hotel room to go surfing, we took a stroll down the beach. There's still a lot of people hanging around here even though it's already nighttime, probably making most of the time they are still here in Bahamas. We continued our stroll, not minding some of the people who are looking and pointing our way. One of them though, came up to us with an excited grin on her face.

"Hi!" She exclaimed happily.

Her enthusiasm took me by surprise a little, but was able to smile at her nonetheless. Chase chuckled silently beside me, probably noticing my reaction to the girl's greeting. My cheeks flushed in disconcertment. Both Chase and I turned to the girl. "Hi." I greeted back with a smile on my face.

Her grin widened even more. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm actually talking to you!" She squealed, excitement dancing in her eyes. "Can I take a picture with the both of you?"

Chase and I looked at each other before nodding our heads, making the girl squeal once again and hastily make her way towards me. "I can't believe this." I heard her mumble under her breath as she took out her phone.

"Okay, smile!" She said as the three of us smiled at the camera, a wide grin spread across all our faces.

After that one shot, she was about to say her thanks and walk away, but Chase held her arm and I swear I saw her subtly suck in a breath as she tried to contain her excitement. A smile made its way onto my face as I chuckled in my place. Chase gave the girl a wide grin. "One more picture. You know, just another thing to remember us by."

The girl let out the squeal she was trying so hard to suppress, making Chase and I laugh and look at her with mirth. She took another picture and thanked us again in an enthusiastic manner before giddily skipping back to her friends.

As she disappeared from our line of sight, I faced Chase with a gentle smile on my face. He smiled back, taking my hand in his as we continued our stroll down the beach. After awhile, when we reached a certain spot that made us halt in our places, Chase turned to look at me again.

"Amber?" I heard Chase faintly ask beside me as we sat on the sand, looking at the bright stars shining down on us.

I turned to look at him with a gentle smile on my face. He just stared at me, his eyes saying more than his face and his words ever could. He gazed at me with a look so full of emotion, I start to wonder what's going on through that head of his; what he's thinking and whatnot.

When I realized he probably won't say anything for awhile, I said, "What?"

He just continued staring at me; no single movement or whatsoever. Then suddenly, a gentle smile took over his face. "Nothing." He replied. "I'm just glad I have you in my life."

I laughed. "Since when did you get this sentimental?"

He didn't smirk or make a snide remark like he usually would. Instead, he just continued giving me a gentle smile as he caressed my face, making my laughter halt abruptly. "I love you. You know that, right?" He asked.

My eyebrows furrowed in wonder why he suddenly started acting like this but nodded nonetheless. "Of course I do. Chase, this is the second time you've said that this way. Is there something you want to tell me?"

His eyes danced with unfathomable emotions, his face looking absolutely troubled like he can't tell me what he's dying to say. I'm insanely curious right now if you're wondering. I would literally do anything just for him to tell me what's going on. I have a really bad feeling about what's happening, but I willed myself to put down that feeling; I'm probably nervous about nothing.