Chapter 37: The Call

"So," Aiden started the next day, as we walked side by side towards my locker. I looked over at him with curiosity. "have you found anything else about what Mom and Dad are hiding from us?"

I stared at him for the longest time, trying to decipher what is going on through his head right about now. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before it all came back to me, making my confused expression morph into one of guilt. "To be fully honest, I kind of forgot about that one." I bit my lip as Aiden let out a laugh. "It completely slipped my mind that we were trying to find out Mom and Dad's secret ever since Chase broke up with me."

"Broke up with you for your own sake." Aiden corrected me, making me narrow my eyes at him before rolling my eyes and locking my gaze at the sight in front of me.

"Or for his sake." I mumbled under my breath, but still loud enough for him to hear the words I just uttered.

I didn't have to look at him to know that he has a slight smirk plastered on his face. He suddenly threw his arm around me, making me stumble in my place in surprise, before I regained my balance and glared at him.

He ignored it, of course.

He continued looking ahead. "Or for his parents' sake. Either way, it was still stupid of him to do so."

"But definitely not stupid enough since you did everything you can to help him hide that certain fact from me." I retaliated, shrugging his arm away from me in the process.

He just looked at me with mirth in his eyes before he looked back ahead and released a very exaggerated sigh. "I thought we're over that? We talked about that yesterday, didn't we?"

"Yes, but it doesn't mean I won't put this above your head for as long as I can." I told him, throwing a sweet smile at his direction, taking in the glare he sent me. I laughed before halting in my place and opening my locker, to which we arrived at in record time.

"I hate you." He muttered petulantly as he leaned against the locker next to mine with a small pout curling up his lips.

I rolled my eyes as I got the books I needed, closing it right after. "No you don't and we both know that." I said, facing him with a smirk on my face.

He narrowed his eyes at me before he pushed himself off the locker and mumbled a few incoherent things under his breath before grabbing my free hand, dragging me behind him. "You actually don't have to drag me around, you know. I have feet for a reason." I told him, to which he blatantly ignored.

When we were just a few steps away from our first class, we bumped into Paige, Dylan and Blake, who are raising an eyebrow at us. Aiden and I halted in our place, sending the three of them a sheepish smile.

"Do any of you want to tell us what the hell is going on?" Paige asked as she crossed her arms against her chest.

Aiden rolled his eyes. "Well obviously, Amber and I are walking to our first class. Not that you would know since—"

"Aiden." I interrupted him, once I noticed how Paige's eyes darkened dangerously. "Stop it, you baboon."

Aiden rolled his eyes once more. "I was just simply answering her question." He replied.

"Well it's not a very wise answer, is it?" I hissed, looking over at him with a glare.

He stared at me for the longest time before a grin cracked on his lips. I sighed inwardly. Whatever my brother is planning right about now can't be good. He looked over at the trio in front of us, his eyes landing on a slightly irritated Paige. "I'm sorry about that. I just can't seem to stop myself from answering that way when I'm around a spoiled—"