Chapter 31: Surfing

After long hours of being inside the plane, we finally arrived at the Bahamas with of course, a tipsy Chase walking side by side with me. How he managed to get himself tipsy with just three shots, I have no idea.

"The flight was fun wasn't it?" His words slurred as he threw his arm around me, a coy grin slipping on his lips while I sighed and tried to keep him from falling flat on his face despite the urge I have to release him as he falls on the ground face first.

"Yes, definitely fun." I replied, keeping an arm around him as he flailed his hands like a mad man.

I'm trying to endure him being this tipsy when I can even barely keep on his feet because of how much he weighs.

His laughter filled my ears as the stewardess eyed me with a look between pity and mirth. I gave her a timid smile as Chase kept on laughing beside me. I sighed. This is definitely going to be a long trip to the hotel; I can already see it.

"Chase, seriously, what did you even drink that made you this tipsy with just three shot glasses? I've known you long enough to know that three shots are not enough to get you. . . like this." I told him, making another round of laughter to escape his lips before he looked at me with a grin.

"Tequila, vodka, Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker all mixed together!" He exclaimed, a happy glint appearing on his eyes.

No wonder he's almost drunk.

I sighed. "Why did you even mix those stuff together?"

A frown settled on his face as he faced me. "They all seemed lonely so I decided to give all of them attention at once."

I stifled a laugh as his frown deepened. "What even made you think that they were all lonely?"

Chase looked around the place — probably checking if anyone was within earshot — before he motioned for me to go closer to him. I let a slight chuckle escape my lips and rolled my eyes in the process as I obediently complied to his request. Chase is so close to being drunk. "This is top secret." He whispered in my ear. "You have to promise not to tell anyone about this."

I eyed him with mirth. "Okay, I promise. Please do tell me this top secret reason of yours."

He looked around again as he cleared his throat and looked down at me with a determined glint in his eye. I can't help but crack a grin because of how adorable he looks; stupid, but adorable — adorably stupid. "I can hear their cries when I just picked up one of them." He told me.

I burst out laughing. God, Chase is so entertaining to watch when he's in drunk — well, in this case, close to being drunk. "You're absolutely insane." I said. "How can you even hear their cries?"

"I have a special talent." He winked at me; well tried to, since he ended up blinking both of his eyes, which made my grin widen even more.

"Are you some sort of alcohol whisperer now?" I asked him.

A frown settled on his face as he tried to process my words. "Well, when you put it that way, it does sound kind of ridiculous." He shook his head. "Anyway, I think this talk sobered me up a bit; but I do need a glass of water and a hell of a pain killer."

"Your hangover finally kicked in?" I asked as I pulled his hand and started walking again.

He let me guide him to the airport's exit, which is really surprising since he wants to be the one to guide me everywhere we go; I blame it on the alcohol stirring up in his system.

"Yeah, I think so." He let a slight grimace show on his face. "I think the jet lag's starting to catch up too."

"Exactly why you need to rest. You should've done that when we were still on the jet but no. You just had to fill your body with alcohol. Have you seriously not had enough alcohol after last night?" I peered up at him in curiosity as his brows furrowed in deep thought.

The Troubled BillionaireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara