Chapter 36: Up For An Adventure?

"Let go of me, please." I muttered silently, trying to get my arm from Aiden's grip. His grip may have loosened a bit but it still didn't mean that he let go of my arm.

He looked at me then, his eyes gleaming with worry and remorse as I still tried to wrap my head around the current information I have found out. Married off? But why? And to whom? I sighed, feeling my whole world crash around me once more as I thought of Aiden's words from earlier. Aiden probably noticed how my eyes turned all gloomy and watery, because before I knew it, he's already pulled me in for a tight hug.

That's when I absolutely broke.

I cried against his chest, surely making his shirt wet because of the tears that are leaking from my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his waist, hearing an almost inaudible sigh escape his lips as he rubbed my back soothingly. "It absolutely pains me to see you like this." He mumbled quietly.

I only tightened my grip on his waist as I cried harder. I heard him sigh again. I don't know why the hell I'm even hugging him — I'm supposed to be mad at him! But the moment he told me of the reason behind Chase's action, I did the only thing I knew and the one thing I always do when I feel like my world is crashing down on me: hug Aiden as tight as I can.

There was that one time that I had a fight with Hannah and I came home crying. I didn't want to talk to anyone at that time besides Aiden, so I merely pushed Zyljan away when he asked me what's wrong. I ran up the stairs and opened the door of Aiden's room, startling him. His face of surprise was instantly replaced with worry as soon as he took in my tear-streaked face, rushing over to me and engulfing me in a tight hug. I cried my heart out then just hugging him and talking to him until I fell asleep on his arms the moment we sat on his bed.

I cried even harder as I remembered that certain moment. I remember how miserable I was that day and how my brother's hug was probably the most comforting thing I've ever had the entire day.

"I won't pretend to know just how hurt you are at the moment because I really have no clue what your feelings are, besides the hurt I definitely know you are feeling. Although, I do know for certain that you can get through this." I heard Aiden say as he continued on rubbing my back soothingly.

I pulled away from him then, my eyes surely red and puffy from all the crying I just did, as I looked at him miserably. "Why is he being married off to another, Aiden?" I asked, sniffling through my tear-streaked face.

He gazed at me sadly as he tucked a stray hair behind my ear. "I don't exactly know the exact reason since all Chase told me is that his parents talked him into it. Even he himself doesn't know why his parents' view on you suddenly changed and wants him to be with another girl with an arranged marriage with it."

I stayed silent in my place as I looked at the ground, glaring at it slightly before I realized that glaring at non-living things isn't going to make things much more easier. I sighed quietly. "Do you at least know who the girl is?" I asked, peering at him through my eyelashes as I looked up.

He avoided my gaze then, biting his lip as he muttered a few things under his breath. I raised an eyebrow before narrowing my eyes at him. "Aiden, answer the question. What the hell are you hiding from me again?" I asked, hearing him swallow the lump that started to form in his throat.

"Aiden?" I questioned again.

He sighed before looking back at me with a glint in his eyes. I stared at him curiously, making me calm down from all the crying I just did not too long ago. After awhile, he said, "It's Megan."

My heart dropped the moment Aiden said those words. My breath started to get heavy as I looked at Aiden for any sign that what he's saying is not true. "You don't mean the Megan we know, right? Like the same Megan who I absolutely despise with fiber of my being?" I asked, but making all hope disappear once I saw how he avoided my gaze once more.