Chapter 18: Mission Possible

There will come a time in your life where you will start to doubt everything you believe in; question the things that you think is true. Most importantly, there will come a time where you have no absolute idea if what you're doing is something you should do or not.

For the group and I, this is the time.

Aiden, Paige and Austin are already in the Accounting office, Shane, Drake and Blake somewhere inside the Sales and Marketing department, trying to find something that is worth all this trouble. Although in this case, I think Shane, Drake and Blake split up, considering how we also need someone at the security department. I'm hoping that they will really find something in their exploration there.

"Okay, Sophie, Chase, both of you come with me. Dylan, Stacy and Ian, you go with Zyljan to Dad's office." I said.

Zyljan turned to look at me. "How's Austin, Paige and Aiden? Did everything go smoothly?"

Okay honestly, I haven't really contacted either of them yet seeing as I was also busy down here, but I'll assume everything's fine. It's Austin and Aiden for Pete's sake. Everything always seems to go their way for some reason.

How they actually manage to do that, I have no idea.

"I don't know, really." I replied. "How about Shane, Drake and Blake?"

Zyljan mused. "Everything's fine, I think."

I hope so.

— = — = —

By the time we reached Mom's office, my heart is already thumping loudly in my chest. I don't think I've ever been this nervous before, despite all the things that happened in my life. The mere thought of Mom catching us snooping around in her office is not a pretty sight, that much I can say. Her stuff are important to her, just as much other business related stuff she needs to take care of. If any of us even consider about messing those things up, she'll have our head in a moment.

As I was about to open the door, Aiden suddenly appeared beside us in pants. I rose an eyebrow at him. "What's wrong with you?"

He held up his hand, gesturing for me to wait a moment as he caught his breath. "Were Drake and the others successful about taking out the CCTV cameras in each room? I made sure to call him first before I let Austin and Paige in."

Again, I have no idea. Did they? I turned to Sophie, who is already reading something on her phone. She looked up and gave me a grin. "Everything's set. Drake said they managed to take everything down. Just hurry up though; you've only got an hour to do it."

A thought suddenly came to me when Sophie mentioned Drake. I remembered the time Drake called me at three in the morning, all bleak and impassive. He's rarely like that, so I asked him what's wrong. He said that he finally had the guts to ask Sophie out, but she rejected him since she only sees her as a friend and nothing else.

I always thought Sophie felt the same for Drake, but then again, I never really asked her what's her true feelings for him, so I just kind of assumed she liked him too, judging by the way she acts around him.

I guess that was the time when I realized that not everything really goes exactly as planned.

I sighed in relief. "Okay, let's go inside. Sophie, you stay here with Chase and guard the door while Aiden and I search Mom's office." I told her, making a frown to settle on her face.

"But I want to help in searching." She said.

Aiden laughed. "You can do much better in guarding, trust me. Mom's office is one hell of a puzzle. Amber and I can take care of it."