Audition

I numbly stand in line, along with the hundreds of other girls come to audition for a part in Summertime. Clumps of girls surround me, chattering away with their friends in miniskirts with their hair tumbling down their shoulders perfectly. I'm the only who's standing alone, reading a book to pass the time. Kat wanted to come in to cheer me on, but the supervisors didn't want to let anyone in who wasn't auditioning. I had been turning to walk in, solitary and scared, when Kat tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey," she said, her voice somehow steady and comforting. I'm an actress, but for something this big, I'm entitled to stage fright. "Luce, don't worry. You're the best actress I know." Her startling blue eyes had me locked in place, and it occurred to me that her billowing blonde hair was styled just like all the popular girls' hair here. The only reason she's not one of them is because we were friends first, and Kat's too strong to be pulled into a clique like that, anyway. "You're going to get the part, I know it. Break a leg! I'll see you when you're a world-famous actress!" I call upon her words to steady my breathing and turn the page in my book.

I jump and slam my book shut when I hear a gruff voice call out my name. Quickly, I stand up and make my way to the front of the room, shaking like a leaf.

Don't worry.

I run my hand through my silky hair and readjust my already straight glasses, still steadily walking to the man.

Best actress I know.

I finally reach the man who called my name. He's burly, bald, and seemingly serious, until I see him crack a smile. "You trying out for Skye?" he asks. I nod. "You look just like her!"

Going to get the part.

My lips turn up a little too, and I think he catches a glint of white from my teeth. "C'mon, Lucy," he says, leading me down a hall. "Let's see what you've got."

See you when you're a world-famous actress

-----------------------------

A/N: I'm not trying to offend anyone with the comments about popular girls. I know it's a stereotype, and I really don't think it's true!!! I have some friends who are popular and dress like that and are still really nice. I'm just trying to show things through Lucy's eyes, and these are a lot of popular girls from her school, who happen to be mean to her. So sorry if i offended anyone!!! I hope you like the chapter.