Chapter 41: Cutting Me Deep

Start from the beginning

“Well sorry if I didn’t say yes to every guy that asked me out just because I was so desperate like you,” I said nastily. I regretted saying that but at the same time I wanted to hurt her because she had just hurt me.

“How could you say that?” she said upset. I couldn’t take it back, we were both upset. “I’m gonna go, to people who actually care about me.”

“I guess you mean Marc,” I said under my breath but she heard me.

“You know what Jade? The way you go on you are going to end up alone for the rest of your life. But you know what? I don’t care cause the way you go on about relationships, you don’t deserve one,” she said icily and banged the door as she left. That stung. I felt those words eat me. No one has ever told me that and maybe it hurt so much more because maybe she was right. Maybe I was going to be alone for the rest of my life and that scared me. I love being independent but I want to find someone. What if Elena was right? What if I never do find someone and end up alone? Is it really me? Am I too picky? Am I supposed to just give in to someone who I kind of like and settle instead of wait for the right person? Maybe that was what I had to do. Maybe that was what life was about, not finding the right guy but finding a decent guy. Someone who was not that bad. Though I knew deep down I could never do that, I could never settle for someone I kind of like and maybe then she was right. Maybe I was meant to be alone for the rest of my life.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“At least we only have half a day of practice!” Pedro said happily.

“I know! And we only have half an hour left!” Pique said.

“Gerard focus!” Puyol said noticing Pique was already beginning to relax.

“Ok Puyi,” he said cheerfully.

“I mean it! We have to be vigilant against Milan,” he said with authority.

“What happened to Jade yesterday?” Leo asked Cesc quietly.

“She’s ok, nothing much, just that one guy hurt her a bit,” Cesc replied back.

“Hurt her?” Leo asked concerned.

“Just held her arm a bit, it’s ok I went to speak to him,” Cesc said as Leo nodded.

“You going to visit her later right?” Leo asked already knowing the answer.

“Maybe,” Cesc said.

“He means of course!” Pique said.

“It’s ok we can go together then,” Leo said.

“Yeah, ok,” Cesc said.

“Plus he has a gift for her!” Pedro said referring to Cesc. Cesc looked at Pedro in shock.

“I saw you putting that gift bag in your locker!” Pedro said.

  “A gift?” Leo asked Cesc amused.

“It’s just something for her office,” Cesc said shrugging it off.

“Is it a picture of you? So she can think about you all day?” Pique said mocking him.

“And so she can dream of you?” Pedro said in a cooing way.

“No,” Cesc said irritated as Leo laughed.

“A gift I hear?” Alexis said coming towards them.

“Yip! One for his girlfriend, Jade!” Pique said.

“Really?” Alexis asked interested as Afellay overheard.

“No, just something for her office,” Cesc said.

“Oh, I see,” Alexis said.

“I’m just being nice! And she is not my girlfriend!” Cesc said defensively to all of them.

“Someone sounds emotional,” Pique said in a sing song voice.

“It makes sense,” Afellay said as they looked at him just noticing he was there.

“It does,” Leo said agreeing with Afellay, “Especially if you like her,” Leo said to Cesc. Cesc could not believe what Leo had just said but before Cesc could react.

“As a friend,” Leo said as Cesc nodded.

“You sure you only like her as a friend Cesc?” Alexis asked as he and Afellay looked at him for an answer.

“Yes, why you like her?” Cesc said sarcastically but just noticed that both of them were silent for a moment.

“Just asking,” Alexis said innocently.

“Interest sake,” Afellay said.

“Hey all of you! Back to practice!” Puyol shouted at all of them.

“He ‘s right,” Xavi said supporting him.

“We should practice an hour longer,” Puyol said.

“Puyi no,” Gerard said like a child.

“Please no,” Cesc said begging to him.

“If you guys get your passes perfect then we can all leave soon,” Xavi said.

With that they all began working hard hoping to leave practice early but with Puyol that was most likely not going to happen.