23.The President and the snitch

Start from the beginning

Philip sat on the couch next to Jade, glanced at her and with a huge gulp of air, he said:

“We got married.”

Jade lifted her palm and showed them a large wedding ring on her right hand with a huge grin on her face. Both of them were sparkling like two exuberant teenagers, unlike the unexpressed faces who were sitting opposite them. Alexander rubbed his chin and nodded, while Roselyn faked a smile because she didn’t want to displease her best friend.

“It was so spontaneous! We were returning from the doctor, and as we were driving in front of the city hall, Philip stopped the car and popped the question.”

“I used some of my connections and after an hour we were married,” Philip added and placed a kissed on his wife’s cheek.

Roselyn congratulated them with a soft voice and tried to hide her anxiousness. The man next to her simply raised his eyebrows. Clearly, none of them was satisfied with the news.

“And how’s the child?” Alexander asked, as he had nothing else to say.

“Oh, he’s great! Yes guys, he’s a boy. We didn’t want to learn, but the doctor confessed it. He will come to us in early February, exactly in two months time.”

“And we will name him Mathew, like Phil’s father. Our parents are delighted.”

The King gave them a wry nervous smile, as Jade was now hugging her husband adoringly.

“I want to be your son’s godfather,” Alexander declared.

“Jade,” Roselyn intervened. “I am your best friend; I want to baptize your child.”

“I know Phil many more years than you know your friend,” Alexander addressed to her, but without looking at her, as the tension between them was obvious.

“Guys, relax,” Philip said. “We have found a solution. At the beginning we thought both of you. But when you are next to each other, you are not… stable. So, with all the respect, we wanted someone who will set a good example for our child. And we chose Sophia, my first cousin, and Blake, Jade’s brother.”

“Aha,” Roselyn exclaimed sarcastically and crossed her legs. “If you want Blake as godfather, you have to travel to America. If he ever crosses Redmond’s borders, he will be charged with assault against the King.”

The King stared at her intently with his sparkling blue eyes and the couple stared at her unable to comprehend what was going on.

“Don’t” Alexander warned slowly.

“Blake attacked you?” Philip asked in a state of shock, and the King simply nodded.

“He started it first, and Blake punched him,” Roselyn spilled the beans. 

Jade’s mouth had formed a huge circle in disbelief. Alexander jumped angrily from his seat and stared at her.

“Oh please, do tell them. Come on, Rose, I dare you. Tell them how I found him almost screwing  you in front of your door and your security men.”

The Queen lowered her eyes and flushed. She had crossed the line that night, and she had regretted that. But what happened was too unprecedented. 

“Jade I am sorry. We had a few drinks more, and we simply wanted to try something.”

“Yeah, how far his tongue could go inside your throat. If I had arrived a minute later, God knows how I would have found them. You were tipsy, and he tried to take advantage of you!”

 “My brother would never do such a thing. Besides, they are adults,” Jade defended both her brother and friend, after a long pause. “And I am pregnant and my hormones are driving crazy, so don't upset me. Why do you react like that?”