36. Divide and Conquer/ Epilogue- Aknowledgements

Friends: Here we are again! I promised one more chapter for the 40.000 readers and here it is. It's one from the chapters I decided not to conclude in the main story, but I wanted to show it to you.  As always, I asked your opinion and I present what you wanted to read more from the deleted chapters, because you probably wanted to comprehend Alexander's attitude. If you want to refresh your memory, please take a look at chapters 11, 12, 13 and 26. It's a flashback! I hope you enjoy! 

                                36. Divide and Conquer

But you're just a boy
You don't understand
Yeah you don't understand, oh
How it feels to love a girl
Someday you wish you were a better man
You don't listen to her
You don't care how it hurts
Until you lose the one you wanted
'Cause you're taking her for granted
And everything you had got destroyed
But you're just a boy!
If I were a boy, Beyonce 

Monte Carlo, Monaco

How the hell did he do this? What had gotten into him? It was inexcusable. No, he was inexcusable. He and his silly ideas and his stupid trips led him to that foolish action.

“Your Highness,” one of the few bodyguards he had carried with him asked, pointing at a black plastic bag lying on the ground. Those were his clothes, the ones he wore last night and he definitely wouldn’t take them back on the palace with him.

“Take them to the trash bin,” he growled and immediately uttered the first excuse that dawned on him. “Someone threw his drink on me last night. He ruined my suit.”

The Prince sent away his body guard and remained all alone in the Charles Garnier Diamond Suite in Hotel de- Paris of Monte Carlo. He grabbed a cup of coffee from a silver tray full of beverages and wandered around the room. It was cozy and its wooden floor and navy colors created an atmosphere of relaxation and calmness. Enjoying the brown liquid with the strong taste, he paced to the balcony. The view was spectacular. On his left, there was the renowned Casino of the city and on the horizon the shiny blue sea. Roselyn would have adored it. He would show her the city, he would take her to the best shops and restaurants and then, they would return to their suite and lose themselves in each other’s arms.

Alexander sighed and pouted even more. She would have loved it if he had brought her with him of course. But, he didn’t, because he chose the bed of another woman. The clicking sound of the cameras and some annoying voices repeating his name were indications that the reporters had reached the hotel perimeter.  

He entered the suite again and shut the curtains behind him with an abrupt movement. If there was an opportunity to undone his action, he certainly would. Not only because it was the most horrible coitus of his life, but because he had no reason to do what he did. Roselyn was his fiancé, for God’s sake! They would get married for her birthday in less than forty days.  During their seven month relationship, he had many chances, many propositions from other women, which he declined discretely. That renowned photographer at an exhibition was eating him with her eyes, and that lingerie model he met at a party and the wife of the Belgian diplomat that threw herself at him so blatantly. All of them spunky and feisty as hell, but how could he lay eyes on them while he had that angel by his side?

And now… after seven months of monogamy, he had cheated. With Helena Wallace. Helena was certainly charming, but in his eyes, she seemed mediocre. There was no attraction between them, no intimacy, no eye contact, no desire even. Just the stupid lust of a single moment enough to lead him to an unknown and uncomfortable bed. They reached her hotel at five in the morning and they didn’t exchange any words during their interaction. He didn’t allow her to touch him or to undress him. He just turned her around, climbed on the top of her, foolishly believing that he would enjoy it. How wrong he was! Instantly, he realized the feeling was unfamiliar. The sensation of her skin felt weird. Instead of meeting soft, warm flesh, he was bumping into lifeless bones. He kept staring the clock on the bed stand, waiting the minutes to pass. And in the end, he couldn’t care less about Helena’s satisfaction. He lied next to his escort and when she fell asleep, he disappeared, feeling weary and used.