Owing you ~ James x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Let the people go! And get lost while you're at it" you said, you honestly didn't know where all this courage came from. You could hear your friend calling your name - You needed to distract this turquoise haired male, so that the people here would have time to escape.

If you remembered correctly, the next floor would be the highest point of the Radio tower, so if you could, you would lead him up there, and the people could get away either using the stairs or even elevator.

"Go Jolteon, use Thunderbolt!" you ordered. Your Pokémon obeyed you, but the Weezing avoided the attack.

"Fine then. Weezing use Sludge!" the male told his own Pokémon, and it attacked, spitting out some purple substance at Jolteon. Jolteon was fast enough to dodge it without you telling to to.

That's when you and Jolteon started running up the last stairs, and like you planned, the turquoise haired Tea Rocket Employee followed you with his Pokémon. The people being held hostage saw the opening as well, and used it to escape.

The only thing left to do was actually defeating this person.

The battle kept going, you weren't distracted by anything surrounding you, since being on the highest point in the tower meant also that you were able to see everything outside through the glass panels.

Just when you thought nothing could go wrong, Weezing charged at your Jolteon with all it had, hitting it, and causing it to crash against the glass panels, breaking them and falling out.

Your eyes widened and you tried saving it, but you were to far away. There was no way it could be alright after falling from so high, you didn't even notice your eyes tearing up.

"It's over, brat" The turquoise haired male stepped closer to you, and you glared at him. He was right, you lost, and now who knows what he was going to do to you.

"Proton!" suddenly a voice was to be heard from where the stairs ended. It was a man and his hair was turquoise too, only it was a bit more blue-ish. "We have what we need. Let's retreat for now".

"You're lucky, brat" this 'Proton' commented and disappeared with his partner. After you thought they were gone, you rushed to the elevator and got on the ground floor, then exited the Radio tower and rushed to the back of it.

When you turned around the corner, you bumped into someone, causing you both to fall to the ground. "I'm very sorry!-.." you quickly apologized, but froze once you looked at the person;

It was that guy from before! The one with the purplish blue hair, wearing the white Team Rocket uniform. Not only that, but he had your Jolteon in his arms.

"It's you..!" he said as he recognized you as well, and both of you stood up. "I'm guessing this really is yours" he said referring to the Pokémon in his arms. Jolteon had a few scratches here and there and looked very weak, but it was alive.

You knew very well that the male standing in front of you is your enemy, but you couldn't help but throw yourself in his arms, hugging him and mainly Jolteon, tackling him back to the ground.

"W-Wha-.. What are you doing?!"

You pulled away, having Jolteon in your arms, and wiped your tears away. "I-I'm really sorry for.. you know, literally shocking you with Thunderbolt earlier.." you then apologized, looking to the side.