Chapter 14

< - - - Keep voting guys, I really appreciate the support :)

Chapter 14 - Downhill 

PUNK'S POV:

Watching the monitors in the back, it took me 5 seconds to realise that Emily was ambushed: there was no way she would be able to defend herself against Kelly and Eve. Running towards the curtain, I passed everyone who looked at me. 

At this point I didn't care, I needed to get to Emily. 

Running out into the arena, the crowd murmuring after the shock of everything I saw Emily lay there, fading into unconsciousness. I heard Cena join me 5 seconds afterwards and we both crouched at Emily's side, watching as the medics tried bringing her back to consciousness. I looked up at Kelly and Eve who were satisfied with what they had done and they smirked at the damage they left in the form of Emily. 

If they weren't women, I would've beat the shit out of them then and there. 

As the refs restrained the girls and took them backstage to where hopefully Vince was waiting for them with their ultimatum of the situation of their jobs, the medics were bringing in a stretcher. At this point, my stomach dropped and tears were stinging my eyes. I felt so worried for Emily, I felt as if I was in a moment of helplessness where Emily was slipping from my grasp and I was just sitting, watching, waiting for something to happen. 

I looked at Cena who briefly glanced at me, the same type of emotion appearing on his face. Glancing back to Emily, I saw they had got her on the stretcher and they started to prepare her to be wheeled away. Holding her hand still, I lightly jogged keeping in pace with the stretcher. I wasn't prepared to leave Emily under any circumstances. 

Getting in the back, I saw that the ambulance was ready to go. My stomach dropped even more and I even think I felt a tear run down my face, but I was determined to hide it. As they lifted her into the stretcher, I felt Cena put his hand on my shoulder. I glanced at him and smiled weakly, looking at my feet in a fit of anxiety. 

'We'll allow one of you to ride in the ambulance with her...' I looked up at the medic who was standing in front of us. I looked at Cena who nodded towards the ambulance. 

'Meet you at the hospital soon,' he patted my shoulder and walked back into the arena where soon he had his match against The Miz. Smiling again, I quickly got into the back of the ambulance, grabbing hold of Emily's hand once more. I swear not once during that ambulance ride did I ever take my eyes of her. Rocking up to the hospital about 20 minutes after we left the arena, they rapidly wheeled her into emergency surgery. Trying to run and follow them, I found a nurse hold me back. I didn't bother struggling. 

'She's be fine, I promise... I'll keep you posted, just take a seat,' I smiled a little at the nurse as she walked away, me taking a seat next to a table full of old magazines. Absentmindedly, I started flicking through them, reading about all the WWE gossip I happened to pass: Kelly Kelly and Eve on a night on the town... Secret hook ups in WWE ... Punk and Emily: WWE's power couple... 

After a while, it all bored me so I placed it down and scrolled through my iPhone home screens. I looked up at the time as it read 7:48pm - Emily had been in surgery for just over half an hour now, and as each second passed, my anxiety grew higher and higher. As I started tapping my fingers on the chair in anticipation, I felt my phone go off. 

'Hello?' 

'Hey Punk, it's Cena, I'm 5 minutes away from the hospital, where are you?' I heard Cena's worried voice on the other end. 

'I'm in emergency surgery, just walk through the emergency doors and I'm sure you'll see me,' I peered at the doors making sure my directions were correct.