Final escapades at its best

After the prom debacle, which no one got punished for, and yes, our parents sent the younger kids. We were gearing up for our last finals of high school. We were also receiving our letters from applying for a school. As soon as we received our notes, we tore them open and read them.

I checked the mail to find letters for both Matt and me. I ran inside, yelling, "They came!"

Matt ran down the stairs, jumping over the railing and snatching his letter out of my hand. Our parents came into the living room, along with RJ. Drew entered the house, holding his envelope. He got a call from his mom telling him it arrived. He already opened it with his parents.

"Well," I asked.

"I got in," Drew said, kissing me.

As Matt and I got ready to open our letters, Elijah and Davina came in holding their notes. "We got in, too."

"Moment of truth, kids," Dad said as we tore open the envelopes.

We pulled out the letters and read them. Both of the letters congratulated us for our acceptance and were pleased to welcome us to the freshmen class.

"We got in," we both yelled with everyone yelling in excitement.

Drew picked me up and swung me around as he gave me hugs and kisses. He set me down, and we all talked about next year. Jordan and Frazier walked into the house.

"Did you tell the kids yet?" Jordan asked.

"No, we were waiting to make sure the school accepted them," Dad said.

"Did you have any doubts? They have the same IQ as you and Alex," Frazier said.

"Nope," Dad said with full confidence and pride.

Mom's phone rang, and she excused herself, answering it.

"Tell us what?" I asked Dad.

"Well, the parents decided that since there are more of you attending, then there were us and to avoid the whole dorm life because it sucked ass. We put a deposit on a rental house for all of you," Dad said to us, which caused us to scream and yell with excitement.

Mom returned and had a blank look on her face. Dad looked at Mom. "What is it, Alex?"

"That was the school," Mom said.

Looking at her face, we weren't sure if it was good or bad. Mom was always hard to read in that aspect.

Dad walked over to Mom and placed his hands on her arms. "What did they say?"

My heart started beating frantically out of my chest. Hell, I had a panic attack. Drew looked at me as I grabbed his arm and squeezed.

"They chose Matthew and Elizabeth as Valedictorians this graduation class. They have the same GPA that we did when we both graduated," Mom said, stunned.

I don't know what happened after that, but everything went dark. I passed out with Drew catching me, "Liz!"

They rushed over to me as Drew held me in his arms. Mom grabbed a bag and handed it to Dad. He pulled out something and stuck it in my arm. A few minutes later, I opened my eyes to see everyone staring at me, "What? Have you never seen a person faint?" I grinned. They all rolled their eyes and Drew helped me up.

"I take hearing that you're co-valedictorian with your brother was a shock?" Drew asked me.

Dad came in with bottled water, and I opened it taking a sip. "I thought Mom was going to say we weren't graduating."

"If it is one thing the both of you are doing is graduating," Dad said to Matt and me.

We grinned as they hugged us. Yep, we followed in our parents' footsteps. Hopefully, we weren't late like they were to their graduation. Now, all we had to do is get through finals.