Stubbornness at its best

Monday at school was exciting. Any classes I had with Drew, I made sure I found a seat far from him, ignoring him. If I saw Drew, Matt, and Elijah at the lockers, I walked the other way. At lunch, I found a janitor's closet and ate, ah, old times.

After school, I made sure I got my stuff before Matt, Elijah, and Drew got to their lockers and left. It made me determined to stick to my word, plus it wasn't like Drew will cave soon. The worst part is Homecoming is coming up.

I sighed as I looked at the posters plastered all over school. It looks like I will stay home again. Maybe I need to rethink this whole idea of anger, but it's not like Drew has made any effort. I wasn't even mad, just disappointed. Thank you, Dad, for my temper.

I took one look at the poster and sighed, walking away, feeling defeated. Matt, Elijah, and Drew watched as I walked down the hall with my head down.

"How long do you think Liz can keep this up?" Drew asked them.

"Well, with Liz, there's no telling," Elijah answered.

"Dude, I shared a womb with Liz, and not even I've seen her this down," Matt said.

"What do you mean?" Drew asked.

"Liz comes home and stays in her room. She barely comes out of her room," Matt answered.

"I thought she was playing some kind of head game," Drew said.

"Man, if it is one thing, Liz doesn't do is play head games, especially after Maddox," Elijah mentioned.

"Now, I feel like a dick," Drew said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You should," Matt said as he walked to class with Elijah.

I walked home alone. I didn't want to get the third degree from Junior or anyone else. I already felt lousy as it was. I let my temper get the best of me, and now a guy I might like wasn't talking to me.

That made another night alone in my bedroom again. I was getting used to it, which is pretty sad.

Drew knocked on a door, and Dad answered it.

"Can I talk to you?" Drew asked Dad. Mom came to the door to see who it was, "Well, to the both of you. I think I messed up."

My parents invited Drew inside, and they sat at the table and talked. They told Drew what happened when they first got together and how bumpy it was. Dad told him what he did to make it up to Mom.

As they sat there, they heard the front door open and close. Dad shushed Drew and went to the living room to see me going to my room again.

"Hun, can you come into the kitchen?" Dad asked.

"Dad, can it wait? All I want to do is get my homework done," I said in a somber tone.

"Honey, I think you will like what I have to show you," Dad reasoned.

"Maybe later, Dad. I'm not in the mood for surprises," I said, sighing as I started up the stairs.

"Not even for me," Drew said, walking into the living room. I stopped and looked at Drew. Great, that's all I need is another beat down. I finished emotionally.

Drew walked over to me as I stood there, "I'm sorry."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I was stupid and made a mistake. I thought you were playing some game, but a few people set me straight," Drew said, looking at my parents then back at me. "Look, even if you don't forgive me, I will do everything to make it up to you to prove how sorry I am. Please say something," Drew said to me as he clenched his fists.