Sweetheart dance - Valentine's Day chapter

After the most awkward conversation with my parents, Drew and I made sure we were extra careful. As much as I love spending time with Drew in that aspect. I also didn't want a repeat of another conversation like that. If we did anything, it would be far away from my parents.

There were fliers posted for the Sweetheart dance. I stood there, looking at them as I felt an arm draped around my shoulder.

"Do you think they will have a punch at this one?" Drew asked with a smirk.

"God, I hope not," I giggled.

"Let's hope Maddox doesn't cause problems at this one," Matt said, walking up with Elijah.

"Well, if he does, we know the hellions, and the double trouble twins have our back," grinned Elijah.

We all walked to class as the guys talked.

"Who are you both taking?" Asked Drew.

"Got me. I'll find the last minute date," shrugged Matt.

"I think I will ask Davina Langley," Elijah said as we all stopped and looked at him. "What?"

"Davina?" Asked Matt.

"Okay, I know Davina's not the most popular girl, but she's funny," Elijah grinned.

"It's not that," Drew said.

"Then what?" Elijah asked.

"It's that she doesn't talk to anyone. What would you talk about with each other?" Drew asked.

"Well, I don't know, Andrew. What do you and Liz talk about with each other?" Elijah snapped back.

"Touché," Drew said.

Okay, maybe I should explain who Davina Langley is. Davina is a shy, quiet girl that most people didn't notice. She barely spoke to people because of how shy she is. She talked to Elijah because he made her laugh in class, plus I think it was one of the few girls that didn't mind his crazy sense of humor.

Speak of the devil, Davina walked up to us.

"Hi, Elijah," Davina said with a smile.

"Hey, Davina," Elijah responded.

Davina looked at us and looked down. "I was, um, wondering if you wanted to walk to class with me. It's okay if you don't," she blurted - poor girl.

Davina fidgeted on the spot. She stood as Elijah leaned in and said, "I would love to walk you to class."

Davina looked up, wide-eyed. "You would?"

"Sure. Plus, I got some new jokes for you," Elijah grinned.

"Great! I can't wait to hear them," Elijah said, smiling back at him. They turned and walked down the hall.

We watched them interact with each other, and Drew said, "Well, Davina will laugh at his stupid jokes." Matt and I laughed as I tapped him on the arm.

Drew took my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine as we walked to class.

The Sweetheart dance was on Saturday, and this gave me a chance to look for a dress. I asked Aunt Marissa for help, and she designed a black and red sheath dress that went to my knees. She said she would have it ready Saturday for me along with a dress for Mack.

Drew and I went to his house on Friday night. I figure we would visit his parents, who turned out not home. We went inside, and he grabbed my hand as we went up to his bedroom. We didn't even make it to his bedroom as we grabbed at each other's clothes and kissing frantically.