New Year's Party and surprises

After Christmas, we all went home. Dad said that he had a surprise for us, but if it were another "visit" to a family member, I'd pass. We pulled up to a house, but it wasn't Uncle Frazier's house. All of us got out of the cars and walked up to the house. Dad walked to the door and opened it. He turned around and said, "Welcome home, family."

Our faces dropped in shock as the three of us turned to see Mom, Drew, and everyone smile. The three of us ran inside, yelling and checking out all the rooms.

Mom walked over to Dad, and he looked at her. "I think they approve."

"Yep," Mom said as she kissed him, and he hugged her as they went inside along with everyone else.

The rooms looked different, along with our bedrooms, and had bathrooms. That was Mom's idea. We ran out of our rooms and checked out the other places to come upon a media room with a big screen for movies. That was Dad's idea. Then we found an indoor pool installed along with a hot tub. That was Jordan and Frazier's design.

The kitchen was huge, with a big table and island for family functions, which was Elena's idea. There were even substantial walk-in closets, which was Marissa's plan. Everyone had an input in the house, and it was spectacular. There was also a surveillance room with motion detectors installed: Grandpa and Grandma Jones's idea.

After checking out everything, the three of us walked back into the kitchen, where everyone gathered. We gave our parents a big hug. Dad had another announcement, "To celebrate moving home, we are having a welcome home party/New Year's Eve party."

Of all, we cheered and clapped. I couldn't think of a better idea. Eventually, Drew and I went upstairs to my room and laid down on the bed. Man, I missed my bed.

"How does it feel to be home?" Drew asked me.

I propped myself up, "Fantastic! I missed home. What about you?"

"Well, considering I'm staying with you guys, your parents thought it would be nice to give me a room of my own," Drew grinned.

"They didn't," I said, surprised.

"Oh, but they did," Drew smirked, and I got out of bed. I ran to another room to find it decorated for Drew. I stood in the middle of his bedroom and couldn't believe it; then, I plopped down on his bed.

"Hey, why is your bed so much bigger and comfier?" I questioned.

"Maybe because I'm bigger in other ways," Drew smirked, making my cheeks turn a faint pink. Drew walked over and climbed onto the bed, hovering over me before his lips came crashing down onto my lips.

Yep, this would be fun having Drew here.

The adults had everything ready for the party, and we all dressed up. They invited family and friends to it, too. The party was in full swing when I saw Mack talking to some boy who wore glasses and small in stature. The boy tried to move his hand to Mack's side, but she pushed it away. That must be Shawn. He seemed a little geeky, but you never know.

Then I saw another boy that Mack was looking at, and he seemed cute, but girls surrounded him. That must be Michael. Eh, Mack will figure it out.

Matt, Elijah, and Junior were with their dates, which seemed like they were having a good time. The younger boys were all hanging with some other kids, and our parents were all hanging out, too. The only thing left to do was find Drew. I hadn't seen him in a while or at all.

I checked around the house and made my way to the kitchen. I found Drew in the kitchen in with some girl. He had his back to me, getting a drink as she stood next to him. She saw me and turned and said, "Oh, Drew, you're so cute."