First date part one: not your average first date

We were all having lunch away from everyone, sitting on this half wall, goofing off when Drew looked at me, "I want to take you on a date."

I was laughing, and I slowly stopped. I looked and said, "What?"

"A date. Damn, you deaf woman?" Elijah asked me.

I shot Elijah a look, and he shrugged, giving me a grin. I turned back Drew. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well, I figured this Saturday we could have an adventure," Drew said.

The smile on my face disappeared and Drew looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"I can't. I promised Uncle Elliot that I would come and visit him," I said.

"That's okay. We can go visit Uncle Elliot, then have an adventure," Drew said casually. All our heads shot in Drew's direction, and he asked, "What?"

"Are you sure, man?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, what's the worst that could happen," Drew asked, Matt.

Matt and Elijah gave each other a look, then Elijah said, "Your funeral."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Drew said, not flinching. Drew jumped off the wall with ease and helped me down as the guys followed suit.

I told my parents about my date with Drew on Saturday, along with Uncle Frazier and Uncle Jordan, adding that the first stop was seeing Uncle Elliot. They were a little shocked at his attitude. Okay, it stunned them.

"Does this kid have a death wish?" Frazier asked.

"Well, he is Hunter's son," Jordan added.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, honey?" Dad asked.

I shrugged. "Well, Drew doesn't seem bothered by it."

"Are you sure Drew's parents didn't drop him on his head as a baby?" Frazier asked.

"Sort of how you were?" Jordan asked Frazier.

"They never dropped me! My mom told me so," Frazier shot back.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that," Jordan said, giving Frazier an okay sign with his hand.

"Does Elliot know that you're bringing Drew?" Mom asked.

"Well, no," I said.

They all groaned.

"That will interest," Dad said.

"Oh, to be a fly on that wall," Frazier said, rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah, that way we could swat you more easily," Jordan deadpanned.

"It'll be fine," I said. Well, I hope it's okay.

The one thing people should know about Uncle Elliot, he doesn't tolerate the guys in our family much, and he deals with the women, but I'm his absolute favorite. Oh, and he hates outsiders. Let's see how Uncle Elliot deals with Drew. That should be exciting.

We pulled up to Uncle Elliot's place on Drew's motorcycle. Good thing the weather was decent. It was still seasonably warm, but eventually, it would get cold, and then winter would hit.

I got off the bike, removing my helmet. Uncle Elliot came and greeted me, "Hello, darling; it's been a while." He took my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

"Things were a little hectic with everyone and school," I said with a smile.

"Who's this?" Elliot asked with a stern look as Drew pulled off his helmet.