Andrew "Drew" Michels aka the new guy

It was lunchtime, and unfortunately, I didn't share lunch with Matt or Elijah. They had a different lunch period, and the younger kids had another lunch period separate from the upper-classmen since they were freshmen. Ah, freshmen year when I had friends, but thanks to Maddox, I have none. I don't think if it related Matt and Elijah to me, they would even talk to me.

I went out in the courtyard and had lunch alone like I usually did. It was better that way. The last time I had lunch in the cafeteria, I had stuff poured on me, and my lunch ruined. I ran home with no one noticing and changed my clothes and stayed in my room for a week. I wouldn't talk to anyone after that. I endured this daily but learned not to say anything.

Just sitting alone, having lunch, had its perks. I got some quiet time to doodle and peace. As I sat there on a bench doodling, I heard the door to the courtyard, fantastic. The one place I didn't get hassle got ruined. I gathered up my stuff and went to eat in the janitor's closet, which I use when the weather gets colder.

"Going somewhere?" The person asked me, and I looked up to see the same guy from the first period.

"Sorry, I figure you probably want to eat lunch with some friends. I will go," I mumbled.

"What friends?" The guy asked me a bit confused.

I looked up at the guys since he towered over me. "Well, since most people come out here with their friends and don't welcome me, I find another place to eat."

He leaned down and looked at me, "Well, that might be good for some, but since I transferred here this year, I don't know anyone."

I gave him a look. "You're a new guy?"

"What gave it away? Was it my sparkling personality? Or maybe my good looks? Or maybe that I don't give a flying fuck what people think attitude?" The guy asked me.

I winced at that and recoiled from him. Yep, this was a setup from Maddox's group. A new guy, my ass, although Maddox seemed scared of him. Maybe it was for the show.

I dipped past him and ran out of the courtyard, leaving him hella confused. I didn't need someone pretends to be a "new" person and acting like my friend only tricked. That is why when they get into a prank war at home, I hide in my bedroom. They don't understand why, but when people pull cruel pranks on you every single day, it's rough.

I made it through the rest of the day and went to my locker and grabbed my items quickly. I saw Elijah, Matt, and the guy from this morning talking at the lockers. Ugh, just my luck.

I walked up, and they were joking around as I opened my locker.

"Liz, we want you to meet someone," Elijah said. "This is Andrew Michels."

"We've met," I mumbled.

"He's in our classes, and we got to talking. He told us about his run-in with Maddox today. Classic," Matt raved.

"Yeah," I said as I shut my locker quickly and left. I didn't want to ride home with anyone and get a bazillion questions. I wanted to be alone.

"What's up with your sister, man?" Drew asked Matt.

"Maddox. Thanks to him, he's made her life a living hell ever since she rejected him. The weird part is they were friends; then after that, he's made it his sole purpose to destroy her," Matt said to Drew.

"Why?" Drew asked.

"Cause our families have a history together, and it's not good," Elijah said, rubbing the back of his head.

"So, Maddox took it out on your sister, interesting. I'll catch you guys later," Drew said, heading out.

"What was that about?" Asked Elijah.