Sunday Funday

The four of us passed out on the floor from staying up all night. The six younger kids were returning at some point this evening with Hunter.

As I slept, I felt something poke me in the leg. That made my eyes pop open, and I popped up to see Drew still asleep. Oh, god, please don't let this be what I think it is. I moved my hand down under the blanket and felt around until I felt the hardness. My expression changed from surprise to concern. Why was it plastic?

I grabbed it and pulled my hand up to find the remote control in it. I let go of a deep breath. I stared at it, thanking God that it wasn't something else.

"Something on your mind?" A sleepy voice asked.

I looked over to see Drew looking at me weirdly.

"Uh, no, the remote was poking me a bit," I said shyly, holding the plastic item up at him.

He raised an eyebrow and propped himself up, facing me, "Are you sure that's all that was poking you?"

I turned beet red. Drew put a hand on the side of my face. "I do love it when you blush." He pulled me into a kiss, then looked at me, chuckling.

I furrowed my eyebrows and smacked him on the chest. "That's not funny."

I got up from the floor, and he shrugged, saying, "It was a little funny."

Matt and Elijah were still snoozing on the floor. Drew got up and picked up the blanket. He folded it, setting it on the couch, then tossing the pillows on top of it. He grabbed my hand, and we walked into the kitchen to find Dad making Sunday breakfast. Mom sat at the island, drinking a cup of coffee, reading a new manuscript that she received.

I sat down next to her as Drew grabbed two mugs, filling them with coffee while talking to Dad.

"How's the new book?" I asked as Drew handed me a cup of coffee, and I put creamer in it.

"Eh, it's okay. Not sure if it's what we want. It's a little dark," Mom said, flipping through pages.

"Are the boys still sleeping?" Dad asked.

"It's Matt and Elijah, Dad. They always sleep. If they could sleep all day, they would if you let them," I said, drinking my coffee.

He chuckled as Drew turned around and leaned with his back against the counter as he drank his coffee.

"Well, tell the lazy boys that breakfast is ready," Dad said, dishing out food onto the plates.

"Is there bacon?" I asked, hopefully.

"Yep," Dad said casually.

"Matt! Eli! Dad made bacon!" I yelled. Dad gave me a look. "What?"

"I said to tell them not to yell like a fucking banshee," Dad grumbled.

I shrugged, and we heard things knocked over as they both raced into the kitchen.

"Did someone say bacon?" Elijah asked.

"Oh, hell, yeah, Dad made breakfast," Matt exclaimed.

"Language," Mom said in a firm tone.

Matt shrugged as they both took a plate and joined us. Drew and Dad grabbed Mom and me a dish, handing us one while they sat down next to us. As we ate, Drew asked, "Doesn't Alex cook?" We all stopped eating and looked at Drew when he added, "Well, every time I'm here, I only see Ryan cook."

"Dude, do you want to live?" Matt asked Drew.

"What does that mean?" Drew asked, raising an eyebrow.