First date, part two: you're crazy!

We pulled up to a lighthouse and Drew turned off the bike, putting the kickstand down. Drew got off the bike and removed his helmet.

"Coming?" Drew asked.

"We can't go in there! The sign says no trespassing," I said to Drew.

"Aw, live a little. You need a little adventure in your life," Drew told me, walking away.

"You're crazy," I yelled after Drew.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you coming or what? Liz, take a chance!" Drew yelled.

"I already did with you," I mumbled to myself. I got off the bike and placed my helmet on it, then ran after Drew. He held out his hand, and I took it as we walked over to an opening in the fence. We crawled through it and went to the lighthouse.

Drew pulled on the handle, and the door opened. I went in first, then he followed me. We started ascending the steps to the top. Do you know how many steps there are to the top of the lighthouse? There are a lot of stairs. I thought I would die by the time by the time we reached the top. I need to hit the training facility more. Note to self, make plans with Dad with that.

We reached the top, and I was busy catching my breath. Drew looked at me and shook his head as he chuckled. "A little winded, are we?"

"Just a little," I said, trying to catch my breath. I got air back into my lungs and asked, "How are you not winded?"

"I work out a lot. It helps who I have as a dad. He trains me hard," Drew reasoned.

Drew had his hands on the railing and leaned forward, looking out the window across the lake. I stood next to him and placed my hands on the fence with our hands touching. I looked into the distance, and the view was breath-taking.

"What do you think?" Drew asked me.

"It's amazing," I said in awe. "Do you come here a lot?"

"Yeah, it helps clear my mind when things get a little too intense," Drew explained.

"So, that's why you're calm around everyone?" I questioned.

"Pretty much and the fact that no one scares me. People amuse me more," Drew smirked.

I shook my head. "You're one of the few people. I don't get you."

Drew turned around with his back to the railing, and I did the same. "What don't you get about me?"

"You can be this tough guy when you want to. You have one hell of a sense of humor, and you think things through before acting. If I didn't know better, I would say I was dating my dad and uncles," I said a little surprised.

"The difference between me and your dad and uncles, is I know I'm awesome," Drew grinned.

"Did I forget to mention cocky, too?" I said to Drew, grinning.

"Eh, cocky is as cocky does. I got good self-esteem. I know who I am and what I want. If that makes me cocky, so be it. Better to be cocky than a raging asshole like Maddox," Drew said with disdain with the mention of Maddox's name.

Hearing Maddox's name brought up the insecurities that I tried to forget. I got quiet, real fast. I looked down at my feet as I shifted from foot to foot. Ugh, why do I let Maddox affect me like this?

Drew looked at me, then moved in front of me, taking my hands in his, "Hey, look at me."

I looked up at Drew with a lost look in my eyes. "As long as you're my girl, I won't let Maddox hurt you. The minute he ever puts his hands on you again is the minute he'll wish he didn't. Beth, you mean everything to me. You're my world."