Senior ski trip, part two

Once we arrived at the ski lodge, we were all given our rooms, and the principal greeted the two mean girls as they waited for their parents to show up and take them home. Junior kept his word, which made everyone walk the strait and narrow where it concerned us.

We all found our rooms, and the guys and I were on the same floor with single bedrooms. Some other students got lucky with separate rooms, while some shared a room with double beds. I walked inside the lodge room and set my bags down. It had a balcony, a small kitchenette, and a fireplace in the living area. Through the door was the bedroom with the biggest bed I ever saw, and the bathroom was phenomenal. It had a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.

I walked back into the living room and looked out the door wall. It was snowing, and people were skiing and tubing. Someone knocked on my door, and I opened it to find the guys standing there in swim trunks.

"Want to hit the pool?" Asked Drew. Oh, God, panic set in. I grabbed my chest as Matt walked over to me.

"Hey, it's okay. You'll be with us. Honestly, do you think Mom and Dad would allow us to let anything happen to you?" Matt asked me, looking me in the eyes.

I felt my breathing calm, and I let go of my chest, "Do you promise?"

Drew came inside the room and said, "We all promise." I looked at all of them, and they nodded. I conceded defeat.

I went into the bedroom to change into a swimsuit.

"How did you do that?" Drew asked.

Matt looked at Drew, "It's a twin thing. I don't know what I would do if I lost Liz."

"Well, as far as it concerns me, nothing will ever happen to Liz," Drew said, touching Matt's shoulder.

I emerged in a bikini, and Drew looked at me with his jaw-dropping. Junior leaned in and said, "You have a bit of drool right there." Junior pointed to the corner of Drew's mouth.

"I'll give you drool," Drew said, chasing after Junior as they ran down the hallway.

"Kids," Elijah shrugged, causing Matt and me to laugh.

We made our way to the pool area of the lodge and walked into the pool area to find other classmates swimming and relaxing in the hot tub. The guys jumped in, horsing around in the water. I walked over and stood next to the steps. Not that I was afraid of water; it was that I was fearful of a lot of water. When I was little, I almost drowned, and it set my fear in a motion of water, plus I didn't know how to swim.

Drew stopped horsing around with the others and swam over to me. He walked up the steps and held out his hand. "Come on, buttercup." I looked at Drew as he continued. "You can hold on to me the whole time, and I promise not to let you go."

I took a deep breath, then took Drew's hand as he pulled me to him. I grabbed onto him tightly and wrapped my legs around his waist as he entered the pool with me. He walked until we were over near the others, and the water was up to our chests.

I held onto Drew tightly, keeping my eyes close. Drew whispered, "Open your eyes. I got you."

I opened my eyes, and Drew was holding me as he stood in the water with me. Okay, this wasn't so bad. I relaxed a little.

"Plug your nose," Drew said.

"What?" I asked.

Before I knew it, Drew dove into the water with me, submerging both of us and then quickly reaching the top of the water.

"Drew!" I yelled.

"You're okay, and I still got you," Drew grinned.

"That's not funny," I said, letting Drew go, and without thinking, I swam back to the steps.